ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ᵉⁱᵍʰᵗ

✰  ✰  ✰

✰  ✰  ✰

A HUFF ESCAPED EVIE'S LIPS AS SHE CLEARED ANOTHER SHELF AND CAME UP EMPTY HANDED. She turned towards her brother with an annoyed expression. "I'm really bored."

Damon glanced back at her and rolled his eyes. "Keep looking. It's got to be here somewhere."

With a sigh, the girl returned to the bookshelves, looking at each book to try and find their father's journal. Just as she throws another book aside, a voice came from the entrance of the library.

"What are you looking for?" He questions. His eyes trail across the library, seeing many books haphazardly thrown across the room by the twins.

"Not your concern," came Damon's reply.

Stefan crosses his arms and put on his brooding face. "No, but putting Elena in harm's way, that is my concern."

Evie tosses another book away and picked up another. She glanced at the title before raising an eyebrow at her younger brother. "What are you talking about?"

"I'm talking about Atlanta."

The girl rolled her eyes and rid her hands of the book she was currently holding. Evie almost let out a scream of joy when her phone started ringing, giving her the perfect excuse to leave the high-testosterone area.

She sent them a teasing wave before exiting the library and retreating to the cellar to get blood and answer the phone call. "Hello," She greeted as she grabbed a blood bag from the fridge.

"Evie, it's Alaric. I uh, have a question."

"Shoot."

"The high school is having a decades dance tonight and I was wondering if you could chaperone with me. You don't have to, I would just love it if you came."

Evie smirked at his choice of words, nodding to herself. "I'm sure you would."

Alaric started stuttering on the other end of the call, trying to correct himself, but Evie only laughed. "That's-That's not what I meant."

"I'll see you tonight."

✰  ✰  ✰

Now donned in her outfit for the dance, Evie was applying her red lipstick in the mirror. The girl was wearing an off the shoulder black top with quarter length sleeves. Brushing against her legs was an a-line black and white plaid pleated swing skirt with a petticoat underneath to give it volume.