ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ˢᵉᵛᵉⁿ

✰  ✰  ✰

✰  ✰  ✰

THE SALVATORE SIBLINGS WERE STOOD IN THE PARLOR DISCUSSING WHERE THEY WILL GO WHEN THEY LEAVE THE TOWN OF MYSTIC FALLS, WHEN THE DOORBELL RANG.

Evie cocked an eyebrow at the unfamiliar sound, having not heard it often. The youngest Salvatore answered the door and saw the Sheriff stood on their porch.

"I'm here to see Damon."

Damon motions Evie to follow him as he led the woman through the house to the back courtyard. Liz Forbes shoots Evie a questioning glance.

"I hope you understand the secrecy. Stefan doesn't know about this yet and I'd like to keep it that way. However, Evie knows."

Sheriff Forbes nods in understanding. "Of course. Kids are too young to be brought into this."

After questioning her reasoning for being there, the twins find out from the blonde that a new victim has popped up. An 'animal' attack.

Evie's eyebrows furrowed in confusion at the news. If there was another vampire in town, surely they'd know. Right?

"So, uh, what do we do?" Damon asked the Sheriff, keeping up his facade of the innocent human.

Sheriff Forbes let out a sigh, shaking her head. "You're the only one who's ever taken on a vampire. We were hoping you could tell us."

The trio wrapped up their conversation a few moments later, Damon being the one to walk her to the front door. Evie sat beside her younger brother with an amused expression, watching as he became angered.

As soon as the door closed behind the Sheriff, Stefan sped out of the parlor and attacked Damon. Evie listened to their fight, a small laugh leaving her lips.

"Damon and I didn't do it. There's another vampire in town," She called out, stopping their fighting.

The boys returned to the parlor, looking to their carefree sister. Stefan frowned at the information. "Then, who could it be?"

Damon throws a smirk his brother's way, making his way to the alcohol to pour a drink. "Ah, what do we care? We're leaving anyway, right?"

"No. I can't leave now and you know that." Stefan approached his brother. "How are we supposed to find this person?"

Evie's eyes opened and landed on her younger brother's conflicted face. She smirked at him. "Let the adults handle this, Stef."