ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ᶠᵒᵘʳ

✰  ✰  ✰

✰  ✰  ✰

A LONE HAND BRUSHED DOWN THE SATIN FABRIC OF THE BLACK DRESS, TEMPORARILY REMOVING ANY CREASES THAT MAY HAVE BEEN FORMED. Evie observed herself in the mirror that hung opposite from her, a dazed look in her eyes.

"You look beautiful."

Damon pulled the girl from her trance. She looked at him through the mirror, seeing him leaned up against the doorframe to her room. He was wearing a black unbuttoned shirt and black pants, partly ready for the Founder's Party.

Evie gave him a thankful smile before turning to face him entirely and crossing her arms over her chest. "Are you going to wear a tie?"

The eldest Salvatore made a face, as if he were in deep thought about the piece of fabric. "Do they still wear ties at this thing?"

The twins conversation was interrupted by their very own younger brother walking into the room. Stefan, as per usual, was brooding as he stared at both Damon and Evie.

"Why are you two even going?"

Evie faced her attention back towards her mirror, playing with her hair and fixing its placement upon her shoulders. She smirked at Stefan, knowing it would annoy him. "It's only fitting. We were at the very first one, remember?"

The girl thought back to when she was human and attending the first Founder's Party. She hated it, simply because her father made her attend with George Lockwood.

Throughout the night, George couldn't keep his hands to himself, much to Evie's dismay. Both her siblings sent glares towards him that night when their attention wasn't upon Miss Katherine Pierce.

"Who are you going with?" At the sound of her twin's voice, Evie once more was pulled from her mind running away. She noticed her younger brother now missing, only the twins left in her room.

"Jeremy Gilbert."

"Don't forget-"

"The crystal. I've got it, Damon."

✰  ✰  ✰

Mayor Lockwood and his wife Carol stood at the front door of their home, making it their job to greet everyone who entered causing a small line to be formed.

The pair jumped to the back of the line, awaiting their turn to enter. Evie's bare arm was wrapped around the crook of Jeremy's elbow.

The boy dressed to impress, wearing a simple pair of black slacks and a white button up, feeling slightly out of place. Glancing over to her date, Evie broke the comfortable silence between the two.