ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ᵗʰʳᵉᵉ

✰  ✰  ✰

✰  ✰  ✰

"REMIND ME, WHY AM I HERE?"

Damon gave his sister a pointed look, letting her know that her constant complaining was annoying him. The blonde, known as Caroline, ignored the two bickering and rang the doorbell with a smile on her face, holding up the dessert she brought.

Before Evie could receive an answer, the door swung open and the doppelgänger was staring back at the trio in front of her.

"Surprise! Bonnie said you were doing dinner, so we brought dessert," Caroline greeted her with an overly cheery attitude, passing over the dessert to the still-shocked girl.

"Hope you don't mind," Damon added when he saw the facial expression Elena was sporting.

From around the corner came Stefan. His eyes landed on the twins and he sent them an expression they could clearly see was annoyance, but to everyone else he furrowed his brows like usual.

"What are you doing here?"

"Waiting for Elena to invite us in."

As Stefan started to protest and Elena argued with him, Caroline pushed past Elena and walked into the house. She took a few steps before noticing that the twins weren't behind her and turning around.

"Get in here." Caroline motioned for them to enter the house, but they stayed still, held up in a stare off with their younger brother.

Stefan attempted once more to stop the twins from entering, but Elena quickly shut him down, inviting in the twins with a smile.

After Damon complimented the doppelgänger's home and walked off with Caroline, Evie turned to the brunette and sent her a false smile.

"I'm Evie. Stefan's sister," She introduces herself whilst holding out a hand for the girl to shake.

Elena shook her hand as a frown took over her face. "Stefan never told me he had a sister," She informed the vampire, sending Stefan an annoyed look.

Stefan, who was brooding by the door, frowned at this. He knew she was going to add this to the list of things he has already hid from her after just a few days of knowing her.

"He doesn't like to brag."

✰  ✰  ✰

In the living room of the Gilbert residence, Caroline and Evie were bonding after the others retreated to the kitchen. Stefan's eyes bore into the blonde, his gaze never leaving her neck and the scarf that was wrapped around it.