31 | Daddy Issues

☾

Hope looked up at me as she hugged me and I smiled. She didn't just sell her blood because she wanted to hurt this kid, there was another motive and I was going to find out what it was.

"Please, take a seat Clara." Alaric said as I sat down with Hope. I knew Alaric didn't take joy in doing this, he cared for Hope because he knew everything that she had been through. And he knew Caroline and I were childhood friends.

"So, I'm aware Hope sold her blood to a kid with a werewolf gene, making him a hybrid..." I said and Hope looked down.

"Yes, a child named Henry Benoit. He was in most of Hope's classes." Alaric said clearing his throat. "Look, you know I hate to do this Hope, but he literally jumped out the library and now everybody knows he's a hybrid. For his safety and yours, I have to suspend you."

"I know..." Hope said never looking up. I could tell she hadn't realized how much trouble this was going to cause. "He was just bullied a lot, and he thought that by being a hybrid, things would get better." Hope explained.

"I'm sorry Alaric, this won't happen again. I assure you." I said and he nodded, I stood up and grabbed my bag as Hope walked out the door. "Say hi to Caroline for me and the girls." I said before walking out.
The drive back to New Orleans was quiet. I didn't know what to say, Hope had never acted out like this. She looked out the window never saying a word. We got off the car and walked into the Mikaelson mansion when she finally spoke out.

"Can you just yell at me already? Seven hours of hostile silence is punishment enough!" Hope exclaimed as we stormed into the house.

"The whole point of sending you to that school and calling you Hope Gilbert was so that you wouldn't draw attention to yourself, to keep you safe." I said as she looked down to the floor not knowing what to say. "Why? Why did you do it? What could you have possibly needed the money for?" I asked in desperation trying to figure out what caused this.

"That's my business." Hope shot back as I lifted my brows in response.

"And selling your blood is mine, you had no right." I replied and she scoffed.

"You're being a hypocrite, you're the one that taught me my body my choice. Well my blood my choice!" She said and I sighted walking in front of her.

"You are not just anybody Hope, do you even realize what you have done?" I said trying to talk some sense into her.

"Henry came to me." Hope excused.

"Hope, Henry was already a kid who was struggling to fit in and now he's gonna be one of three hybrids in the world? And being seen as a threat to everybody in the city. You have no idea what you've done..." I said and she rolled her eyes. "You cannot create something without taking responsibility for it."