23 | Change

☾

It had been three quiet days without any news from Marcel. The Mikaelson family had tried to stay on the down low. No outings allowed. We hadn't heard anything from Kol and Rebekah and we started to fear Marcel had taken them somehow. Hope continued to blossom through this all, she was already 8 months. She was the only thing that gave this family a sense of what true goodness means. I went downstairs to grab some water when I heard Klaus and Elijah arguing. Hayley was outside the door listening to what she could get, she held Hope in her arms who seemed rather bored.

"They're fighting again?" I asked as Hope had wrapped her fingers around my hand. We had a connection that little girl and I, someday, she was bound to be a tribrid like I was when she would be ready to turn, and I think that's why we always felt so drawn to each other.

"Yeah, Klaus thinks we should go to Marcel's and try to put some peace to this.." Hayley said worried, Hope extended her arms to me and Hayley smiled.

"It seems my own kid likes you more than she likes me!" She said and I laughed. Hayley passed her to me and Hope leaned into me. She smelled clean and like baby powder. Her big amber blue eyes staring at the world. 

"I think it wouldn't hurt to try. Maybe that's all Marcel wants, to fix stuff with Klaus" I said and Hayley bit her lip thinking. Klaus and Elijah opened the doors and they called out for Hayley and I. Hayley gave me a confused look and I smiled.

"Cloaking spell." I said with a smile and Hayley let out a laugh. The men turned around and they figured it out.

"Elijah, that's it!" Klaus said and Elijah seemed to pick up on what his brother was thinking. I undid the spell and we were visible to them.

"You think if we're to surrender and return after some time..." Elijah began when Klaus smirked.

"It will work brother. They fooled us, what's to say they won't fool Marcellus?" Klaus said and Hayley lifted a brow.

"Ok, somebody explain what the hell you two are planning." Hayley said as Klaus walked over to me and I passed him his daughter, she smiled at him and he to her.

"They want to give Marcel what he wants..." I said and Hayley scoffed.

"It would only be temporarily love. As soon as we know he's fully distracted, we would return with a cloaking spell to defeat him." Klaus said as he made faces with Hope.

"But not to kill him." Hayley said and Klaus smiled. It was obvious the two were in love, they deserved to be, they were both just the right amount of crazy for each other.