18 | The Spark Between Us

☾

I prepared myself for the evening, I wasn't exactly sure how formal to go so I just threw on a lace tank top with a black leather jacket, some black skinny jeans and some boots. I tied my dirty blonde hair into a ponytail and left some strands in the front. As I looked in the mirror, my blue eyes reminded me of Damon's, I often times wondered how they were doing. I tried to distract myself from those thoughts and went to the courtyard to find Elijah already waiting for me. He wore his usual suit with a coat on top. He smiled as he saw me come down the stairs.

"You look lovely" he said.

"You don't look too bad yourself..." I replied with a rather large smile. We ended up going by foot around the city, I suppose it was best to fully take in all of the sights.

"So tell me Clara, do you miss Mystic Falls" he asked me and I wasn't quite sure how to answer that.

"I do, but part of me always wanted to get out of that town, it was always too small for me, I wanted to explore the unknown of the world and let my curiosity take charge. Not to mention all the memories there, they don't do much good." I said and Elijah nodded.

"I understand you lost your parents and your sister correct?" He asked and I nodded, something about him was just so easy to talk to. He was caring and genuinely interested in what I had to say. He reminded me of Stefan at times.

"Have you ever been?" I asked as I took a spoon of my ice cream.

"As a matter of fact, that's where my mother created the vampirism spell and turned my siblings and I" he said and let out a chuckle.

"Really? So you must have known Mystic Falls when it was still basically dirt" I said and I laughed. Elijah had been looking at my lips for some time. He noticed I caught him staring.

"You uh have some ice cream" he said and he grabbed his hanker chief and wiped my lip. Even that was erotic enough to get a girl on her knees for him, however I had learned to contain my desires. We stood there for a moment and just stared into each other's eyes when I interrupted the moment.

"Right so, what's your favorite place in New Orleans?" I asked as I cleared my throat.

"I'd like to show you if you'll let me, it is a surprise though" Elijah said and I suddenly got a thrill inside of me. I nodded and Elijah grabbed my hand and he whooshed. The speed that vampires could move at was uncomprehendable. Before I knew it, we were at the very top of one of the most beautiful buildings in New Orleans.