25 | Out Of The Woods

☾

After finally arriving to the house in Baton Rouge. Elijah and Klaus laid on the couches. The hallucinations had started which meant their death was near. A shiver crept up my spine at the thought of loosing more than we already had. Hayley was gone, she had left Hope in my hands and here was Klaus, on the verge of dying.

"I-I can fix this.... I just need time." I said trying to think of every spell I knew possible. Freya put a hand on my back.

"It's not your fault." She said offering me a caring smile. I couldn't deal with it now, I had to find a way to save Elijah, my happiness depended on it. I tried to imagine what their ideal life would have been like, if they had not grown up in such a toxic home. And then it stuck me.

"Freya! I know what we can do!" I said running to get one of my grimoires that Bonnie's grams had gifted me with. I flipped to the page where it talked about a Chambre De Chasse. Freya gave me a suspicious look and Vincent understood where I was going with this.

"That could work, we could just tweak the spell up a bit and make it their ideal peaceful world instead of an evil kind." Vincent said and I nodded with joy. It wasn't going to permanently save them, but I had hope that this would give me enough time to save them, to find a cure.

"That's a tough spell Clara... you think you can handle it?" Freya asked and my eyes flashed gold.

"I'll do anything to save Elijah, and Klaus... it's my job now to make sure that little girl has a family, just the way Hayley always wanted." I said gazing at how peaceful Hope was sleeping amongst the current situation, I wasn't going to let Hayley down.

"Ok then, let's do this." Freya said taking her position next to her weakened brothers. Elijah gave me a weak smile and I put a gentle hand on his cheek.

"I love you... I'm going to bring you back soon, I promise." I whispered as a tear fell from my eye. He grabbed my hand and I knew he had heard me. I looked at Klaus who had tension built up on his face.

"Take care of her Clara." He said weakly.

"I will, you have my word on it Klaus." I said.
I took Vincent's hand and started to chant. I could feel the energy harnessing through me. It was working. Freya was soon asleep as Elijah and Klaus were too. Placing them in Freya's mind where they could live happily for some time until I could figure things out was for the best.

"It's done.." I said looking at Elijah. His skin had turned grey, completely lifeless almost as if he were dead. We placed them three into coffins. I cloaked them using the strongest spell I knew so nobody could find them and I hid them in the deepest parts of the house.
After saying goodbye to Vincent. I walked over to Hope and sat down. I carried her and held her close. This poor child had no idea of what she had lost, the greatest gift anybody could have; a mother. But I wasn't going to let that affect her, I would tell her about her biological mother when she was old enough but I would protect her as my own. Hayley has gifted me the chance of having the child I never would be able to now that I was a tribrid, and I wasn't going to take that for granted.