Chapter 34: The Sentinels Relic War

Start from the beginning

Elizabeth said, "Beings such as myself, Ash, my wife Hecate, and other such beings swore an oath to protect the Relics. With our lives.".

I said, "Whatever. Point is: things change.".

Ash said, "Our oath to protect the Relics cannot change. This Relic may be the best chance we have against Salem.".

I said, "And still conversely, it may also be her best chance against us, Ash.".

Ash said, "Well if we don't do our jobs then we all lose.".

I condescendingly asked, "What is your job exactly, besides making balloon animals?".

Ash smirked and said, "Protecting your reality, Ember.".

Elizabeth interrupted the conversation and said, "Okay, girls, could we table this discussion right now? The fact is that we have this Relic. We know where it is. This being named Aztec is out there somewhere with the Lamp of Knowledge, and we have to find him now.".

I turned away and awkwardly said, "Yeah, that's the... thing.".

Ash asked, "What do you mean?".

I said, "Three weeks ago, Aztec turned off his transponder. He's offline.".

Ash asked, "What? You lost another super bot?".

I said, "I didn't lose him. He's more than that. He's evolving.".

Ash asked, "Who could find Aztec, then?".

I said, "Probably Harold Branwen.".

Ash said, "I know how you must feel but this is where we come back together as a team.".

I nodded and pulled my phone out and started dialing but got distracted by an unusual rumbling.

I looked at The dragon-made opening through the ceiling and saw debris flying by outside.

I exited the Sanctum through the front door and scanned the chaotic surroundings.

We all exited and saw people running and screaming in alarm, the traffic becoming impossibly tangled, a litter filled wind. 

I put on my sunglasses and asked, "Alfred, what am I looking at?".

Alfred said, "Not sure, I'm working on it.".

Ash formed bands of spells around her forearms. 

A mechanical hum grows louder as we approached the intersection.

As we turned the corner, we saw a huge cubic ship floating over.

I said, "Alfred, evac anyone south of downtown Atlas, notify first responders.".

Alfred said, "Will do.".

Ash threw winds over the streets causing the wind to be pushed back and she winked at me condescendingly.

The dust clears and I was begrudgingly amused for a split second.

We looked forward and saw these four dudes.