Chapter 53-Jealousy, Thy Name is Xiu Xiang

Start from the beginning

"My lord..." Bai Qing whimpered and flinched at Xiu Xiang's voice. She snuggled even closer to Wei Xing as if she was a scared meek kitten. She was far different from before when she daringly tried to destroy the courtyard. "I saw that the barrier on the courtyard had disappeared so I went to inspect it only for Xiu Xiang to suddenly attack me."

Xiu Xiang couldn't believe her ears. The righteous heroine, Bai Qing dared to lie? She had really seen it all now.

"She attacked you simply because of a courtyard? Can a mere courtyard compare to your life?" Wei Xing suddenly raised his hand, dark energy swirling within in palm.

"No!" Xiu Xiang screamed when she realized that Wei Xing was going to destroy the courtyard to appease Bai Qing. Right as Wei Xing's dark energy raged forward, the red barrier from before seemed to burst out from within Xiu Xiang's body, it quickly shielded the courtyard. The dark energy wasn't able to pierce through but it was slowly eating away at barrier. The blood that Xiu Xiang had tamped down finally emerged from within her throat. She spat out a mouthful of blood, more so than Bai Qing did. Her vision blurred and she felt herself falling forward.

"My lord!" Hua Jian, who had been quiet in the background finally spoke up at last. He was about to step forward, when a flash of black appeared in front of Xiu Xiang.

Bai Qing watched with wide eyes as the warmth that wrapped around her suddenly disappeared. Standing before her was Wei Xing who was now showing great concern for Xiu Xiang. His arms were wrapped carefully around Xiu Xiang, supporting her body, keeping her from hitting the ground. It was as if Wei Xing's concern for her was nothing more than a simple daydream.

"My lord...?" Bai Qing uttered out. Her voice seemed to have been lost among the entourage who also showed concern for Xiu Xiang.

If the demons in the Demon Realm were unsure about Xiu Xiang's identity, they were sure now. None of them ever forgotten their lord's name. They had seen her use of fire power. With Bai Qing confirming her name, the demons were sure now that their lord had in fact returned.

Xiu Xiang felt a pair of strong arms wrapped tightly around her. She could hear Wei Xing calling out to her. Was it agony or despair that she had heard from his voice?

Whichever it was, she hoped that Wei Xing felt endless pain. How dare he try to destroy the only thing that her master had protected even after death?

Using Wei Xing's body as support, she managed to stand back on her feet. She glared hatefully at Wei Xing.

"If you destroy this courtyard, I will never forgive you," she hissed.

Seeing how he had gone from worrying over Bai Qing to her filled her with rage. It was one thing to see the man her heart beat for, love another woman. It was another thing to realize that Wei Xing had turned into an unfaithful bastard who can't seem to keep his heart steady for one woman. Just the thought of him touching her, made her feel sick.

"Let go of me!" Xiu Xiang shouted. Her weak, feeble hands pushed against Wei Xing's rock hard chest. She was unable to hold onto her last strand of consciousness as she tumbled into Wei Xing's arms, finally giving into the darkness at last.

When Wei Xing saw that Xiu Xiang had lost consciousness at last, he easily carried her weak body in his arms.

"Let you go? Even if you beg me, I will never let you go, whether in this lifetime or the next," Wei Xing said. He held her tightly against him, wanting her to meld against him yet fearing that if he held on any tighter, she might just crumble.

Earlier, Hua Jian had suggested for him to act lovingly with Bai Qing, the prettiest woman in the palace. It was sure to get Xiu Xiang jealous. He was hesitant with this plan as he knew that Bai Qing carried a torch for him. Still, if it could get Xiu Xiang to admit her feelings for him, he was willing to give it a try. When he saw how hurt Xiu Xiang looked, he almost gave up the plan to make Xiu Xiang jealous, but he felt a tinge of happiness when he realized that the reason why Xiu Xiang felt hurt was due to jealousy.