Chapter 25

" Please,stay ... Bucks! "

" No ! Open your eyes..."

"No ! No ! Bucks ! " Rita screamed as she was roughly pulled back from him.

Her vision a blur because of tears but she still saw his men carry him away. She turned around to face the person that had pulled her back , clutching his shirt tightly . Her emotional state overriding her rational mind to recognize that it was Jonathan she was facing .

"Is he going to be alright ? Please tell me ?! Tell me ! Is he ? " She partly screamed and pleaded.

Jonathan looked at the woman clutching his shirt,her face a mess from her tears and he felt a tear roll down his cheek.

"He saved me , " he whispered, pain piercing his heart capable of making him stagger.

***
4 : 30 a.m

Bucks was flown to his private hospital. Terry , Jonathan, two of his men and Rita arrived using personal means . They all sat outside his ward restless. Rita sat on the floor, crying and still barefoot.Deep down, she blamed herself for everything that happened.

First, Bucks was in this condition because he ran back to save her . Something that wouldn't have happened if she just stayed at the apartment like a good little girl. Second, if she never pushed him away, Martha wouldn't hate her so vehemently like she did now. Thirdly, what... If he didn't make it? He landed pretty bad and there was lot of blood on his chest...

She looked up and saw the doctor walking out of Bucks' ward. They all jumped up and surrounded the doctor.

" Doc, how is he ? " Terry demanded anxiously.

" I'm afraid his body did not take the impact well. He got a deep cut above his heart that made him lose a lot of blood and he hit his head hard on the ground. He has a swelling. These are acute injuries but not life threatening . The swelling will go down and we are in the process of blood transfusion - "

The doctor's words were cut off from her ears when Rita was pulled back .

" YOU ! " Rita came face to face with Martha," WICKED WITCH ! So you are not yet satisfied with the fact that you carried out your plan well enough but unfortunately for you , he is still alive but then you came here to confirm and see to it that you finish him off ! "

" I ... I.... You , " Rita stuttered, her jumbled up mind struggling to find an appropriate reply .

" Haven't you done enough ! My nephew will never forgive you for this ! You sadistic blood thirsty evil ungrateful woman ! Leave us alone , you don't deserve a man like him! Get away from my sight, I never want to see you again. You only brought pain in my nephew's life and mine ! " She yelled.

Rita stormed out of the hospital and ended up by the roadside. It was still quite early and it was a long drive home. The only people who could take her back were in the hospital and she could not go back in there. She felt so miserable, she wanted to die and her stinging feet were making her feel worse.

Of course, she knew she was the villan in this story. Her careless words and actions though tiny like a tip of an iceberg now sank the entire Titanic . She sighed in relief that Bucks was safe but she planned to leave his life for good.

" You know, I think I know why he fell for you..." A familiar deep gravel voice interrupted her chain of thoughts and her head snapped up to look at the owner who was studying her feet with amusement twinkling in his eyes.

Holy.... Same black hair falling over the same black piercing eyes, same nose just that his was a little bit crooked , jawline was not perfect but still similar, same build and height. The resemblance between this man and Bucks was scary , you might think it was him...

" I know. People think we are twins but I'm his cousin ,Morris, " he shrugged , explaining after he noticed Rita's open scrutiny of his features.

" He hates me, " she whispered and felt the tears threatening.

" He can't , he will even love you more, "

Hell, even the voice was the same.

Morris draped his jacket on her shivering shoulders.

" But , but ... he - "

" I know , that is how men of this family are , we love the challenge ,Rita, " he cut her off again leaving Rita wondering if he was some sort of creepy mind reader.

" Let me get you home , " he said to Rita pulling her to follow him.

Rita numbly nodded and got into the car. The ride was silent and he stopped over at Bucks' penthouse apartment at her request. She ran up the stairs ,into the guestroom, grabbed a small bag that contained all her belongings. She looked down on her bruised feet and sighed . She bent under the bed and pulled the pair of black flats she fell in love with just as she was in love with the buyer but she realized it too late . She stepped back and looked at the bed, remembering the day she slept feeling safe in Bucks company .

She turned back quickly and walked to the desk in the room . A pen in hand , she grabbed a piece of paper and scribbled on it , her tears decorating it with a few spots.

Rita ran into Bucks' room and tucked the paper under a pillow , breathing in , savouring his scent in his room for the very last time before she left.

***
She ran back to Morris who did not bother hiding his curiosity as to why she was carrying a bag.

" I don't wanna hurt him anymore, this is for the best ,"

" Honey, you don't know him then ," he playfully countered back.

" I've caused him pain , "

" Only he can be the judge of that , Rita , "

" How did you know where I live ? " She asked him in both attempt to change the topic and to discover why all influential men she encountered seem to know where she stayed. She watched as Morris drove to her apartment manouvering the familiar route like a resident.

" You forget the kind of men we are, Rita. With power, your residential information is the least headache for people like us ,"

Arrogance runs in the blood too. Rita thought amused as he watched him park in front of her apartment and she stepped out.

" Don't be so hard on yourself, doll ! " He called out to her before he drove off and Rita ran up the stairs to open her door.

She remembered how broken things were the last time she came and she sighed tiredly . She turned the knob as she entered the apartment but the sight that greeted her made her gasp in astonishment.

The sofa set was new, the TV screen large on the wall ,new furniture and the floor was spotlessly clean with a new brown fluffy carpet. She budged into the bedroom and found a new bigger bed , her wardrobe intact and the floor clean with pink fluffy carpet.

Pink was her favorite color but did he know ?

She knew who did this but her heart broke into pierces just thinking about it and she slid down to the floor crying her heart out.