Chapter 2

Bucks Zimba was annoyed ,he infact ended the conference half an hour early and allocated his directors to deal with any inquiries about the new business proposition for the company. He was so annoyed he wanted to unleash his wrath on the imbecile first. What a nerve the girl had!

Bucks Zimba was Bucks Zimba, who did not know this man. All his employees cowered in fear whenever he passed by. His associates stood up whenever he entered a room. Wealth, power all in his right hand and ruthlessness,meanness all in his left hand.

Walking into his office ,he ordered his secretary to summon that assistant. What was her name again:Zein, Zata,Gina,Rina whatever it could even be Zoo if she liked. Bucks thought to himself in anger. Who gets the nerve to budge into a room he was in, let alone turn up late, just a mere assistant. Oh, she was stupid but she would learn a very painful lesson.

***

Bucks took his time turning the pages of the book he was reading. Renewed fury filling him as he felt her presence in his office. He had heard a timid knock twice before she came in ,not even waiting for an invitation and then called out in a small voice, "Sir" so small almost as a whisper but he still heard her. He smirked that he should make her afraid after he heard her laboured breathing as she stood rooted to her spot.

Ten minutes later, Bucks saw her shifting her weight from foot to foot from the corner of his eye. Well, he was really enjoying this and would do this all day if she continued to get frustrated, that is, until something quite unexpected happened.

"Sir, did you send for me just to watch over you as you read your book? I know I'm on the wrong Sir. Why don't you just fire me and get this over and done with?"

Bucks Zimba looked up from his book and stared at the woman in front of him in pure astonishment, who would even dare talk to him like that? This time however as he stared at her, he really took her in. This woman annoying as she was , she was breathtakingly cute. Cute?! Where did that come from such words did not exist in his vocabulary. Though he could not stop marveling at her beauty.

Her lovely Afro hair that was tied up and puffed in the middle of her head . Thick eyebrows,pair of brown eyes and full luscious mouth with a pink lower lip. Her figure was lush, a perfect pear,with a quite smaller torso but moderately full at her bust and her complexion a chocolate brown . Damn, she was an African goddess.

Bucks' attention was brought back to focus when someone cleared her throat. He realized mortified that it was the girl herself while he stared at her as a lovestruck teenager. Clearing his own throat as he stood up ,he walked to her spot and started circling her his steps a constant echo in the silence of his office. His lips curved into a wicked smile when he noticed her slight tremble.

" Zoo, I do hope you realize by now what kind of a man I am. I do not entertain lateness and incompetence. I therefore demote you from my personal assistant to the company secretary, Asha will take your place. You are hereby given two weeks to prove you are competent enough. I'm I clear?"

Rita opened her mouth to object. First, her name was Rita not ZOO ! Asshole of a boss. Second ,she was not incompetent. She was not God to know from the blue they had a conference meeting today. Opening her mouth, she heard herself say," Yes sir".

"Good , now out of my office". His voice boomed at her
Bucks watched in satisfaction when she scurried past him to leave ,but just before she shut the door he called out to her.
"One more thing, knock doors first and wait to be invited in, "then he turned back to sit at his desk.

Halloo, I really hope you enjoying the story be sure to leave any comment behind. I will be updating chapters daily. Thanks😃