Chapter 9

Rita hated every moment with her boss when they rode to the meeting that morning. She however, could not stop noticing how the suit he wore clung to his muscles. She blushed looking down when she saw his smug expression after he caught her staring at him. Finally , when they arrived at the building she released a sigh of relief.

A young man who seemed to be in his early thirties with blonde hair and a pair of blue eyes approached them. He was quite short almost Rita's height but his masculine build made up for his lack of height. In a way, he was good looking but not anywhere in Bucks Zimba's league. Rita acknowledged.

The young man saw Rita and his eyes widened , double took her form and an expression of pure lust masked his face. He outstretched a hand to shake hers when Mr. Bucks beat him to it.

" I believe you know who I am, this is my very personal assistant, Ms. Rita Luma," Mr. Bucks said in an angry tone while shaking the hand of the man rather too hard while the poor man tried not to show it.

" Forgive my manners, Mr. Bucks . I am Jonathan. Please if you may follow me this way," he gritted out and Bucks released his grip on his hand as he spun around but not before shooting Bucks an angry glare.

Rita sat next to Mr. Bucks and across Mr. Jonathan. She was taking notes as Mr. Bucks instructed her while they listened to the speaker in the meeting. The speaker was the CEO of this High Tech Company and was discussing about a new project they wanted to implement on their devices. Rita was all paying attention when she saw Mr. Bucks suddenly tense up his eyes no longer on the speaker but looking across the table while his jaw ticked. .

Rita followed his gaze to see Mr. Jonathan gazing at her rather lustfully biting his lip. Rita shivered , this man now seemed like a creep.  Mr. Jonathan seemed to notice the discomfort he was causing Rita and turned his gaze away to openly glare at Mr. Bucks. His reaction shocked Rita, who would dare glare at Mr. Bucks and get away with it.  Except you of course, a small voice whispered in her brain and she quickly shut it out.
She looked back at her boss and found him still glaring at Jonathan.

Great ! Exactly what she needed, two grown ass men at a staring match over nothing , Men and testosterone!!  Rita rolled her eyes.

Two hours later, when the meeting was over, Rita left Mr. Bucks greeting people while she ran to use the washroom. On her way back, she met with a smiling  Jonathan.

" Halloo again Ms. Rita. I .. apologize for my behavior back in there. I acknowledge, I .. uh.. I made you quite uncomfortable. Please can you allow me to make it up to you sometime later?" He asked in a gentle hopeful voice his face seeming apologetic.

" I appreciate it Sir, and uh..you are forgiven, " wait was it right to tell your superior they're forgiven ,anyway that aside, " sir, there is really no need to bother-"

" No,no,no,no allow me , Rita dear. Oh and please call me Jonathan. There is actually an evening party this week on Thursday, be my date then? Please allow me for only that night then let me compensate for my actions ? " He pleaded.

" Be whose date ? What exactly is going on here? " A deep gravel voice which could only be Mr. Bucks' interrupted them. Rita felt a hand on her waist and she was pulled into Mr. Bucks'side who was now so angry.

" Oh! Mr. Jonathan was just leaving . Sir, " she looked up at Mr. Bucks restraining herself not to pull her self from his hold and quickly turned her attention to Jonathan, " yes, Jonathan I would love to be your date, "

" Very well , till then my lady," Jonathan took Rita's hand and kissed her knuckles .

Mr. Bucks'  grip on her waist tightened and he literally growled while Jonathan left. Rita pushed away from his grip and started to walk away