44 - Relationships for dummies

Start from the beginning

"Five weeks?" Really? How did she miss that? Pain meds and raging hormones, that's how.

"You had two major surgeries; your body needs time to heal."

"So, you won't touch me for five weeks?"

Grinning, he said, "Let's see how things go, and if you really need it that bad, I'll pleasure you in some other way."

"I'd love that."

"Don't I know it." He sat up. "Great, sex talk. Now I'm turned on too."

"Would you like me to do something about it?"

"Hell yeah, I'm still alive and breathing." He gestured at her nether regions. "But let's keep it for some other time when our baby isn't sleeping in your lap."

She looked down. "Right, totally forgot about her." Cautiously, she placed Jesse onto the mattress.

He frowned at her.

"It's not that I don't like her; it's just she's so tiny and weighs almost nothing. Give me some time to adjust, okay? You have a seven-day head start."

"It's not a contest." He got up and dropped a kiss to the top of her head.

She turned, grabbed a fistful of his sweatpants, and pulled him closer so he stood between her legs, his middle at her eye level. She lifted his waistband and circled her tongue around his jutting erection.

He growled softly. "Thanks. Now I need a cold shower too."

She ran the tip of her tongue along her lips. "My pleasure."

He stopped in the doorjamb, muttering a curse before asking her if she'd like to join him in the shower

He stopped in the doorjamb, muttering a curse before asking her if she'd like to join him in the shower. When she nodded, he picked Jesse up and put her in the crib next door. Penelope plopped down in front of the crib. They left the doors open so they could hear if Jesse cried.

Jaya took a seat on the bathroom counter and watched Noah undress. She could never tire of that view—the muscular chest, those damn abs, and the V that guided the way to her happy place.

"What are you waiting for?" he asked when she didn't take off her clothes. "Changed your mind?"

She hopped off the counter. "It's... um... I just remembered the way I look."

"You look perfectly beautiful to me."

"That's because I'm still wearing clothes. I have two scars now, and they're still red. My breasts are swollen, in a bad way, and you don't want to know what's going on down here." She patted her crotch. What was inside had to come out, even though she'd had a C-section. With a grimace, she added, "Also, I might get breast milk all over you when I get excited."