34 - I think I love you

"I don't fit into my clothes," Jaya muttered later that evening when she padded into her room to get ready for her fake date with Trevor. Two days ago she'd also started going out with her editor, Flavio Germanotta, so Trevor could for-real-date an actress he'd met at a charity event. Noah had laughed when she told him about fake boyfriend #2, but she thought it was a nice touch, seeing that her baby had some Italian blood.

"You probably shouldn't have fit into them quite a while ago." Noah sat on the bed, proofreading her article that was due the next morning. He put it aside and got up. "Your bump is pretty small for five months. If I didn't know you were pregnant, I'm not sure I could tell. As long as you have clothes on, that is."

Thankfully she looked nowhere close to the hot air balloon waitress, which was why she'd signed up for a family get-together at Lumiana's place the following weekend. Noah had another out-of-town shoot, so she wanted to make sure she was distracted enough to prevent a repeat of what happened when he left for New York. Knowing she was carrying a part of him with her at all times gave her an odd sense of calm.

"My belly's growing more to the sides, so I can pretend I just put on some weight."

He surveyed her from head to toe. "The extra weight suits you."

"You're lucky I'm in a good mood."

Smiling cheekily, he stepped to her and tilted her chin. "You're beautiful and sexy, and I'd do you in a heartbeat."

She slid her hands under his shirt. "Why don't you?"

He squeezed her butt and then pulled her closer

He squeezed her butt and then pulled her closer. "Because you're going to be late for your date."

She nipped his earlobe. "I've got a few minutes to spare if you can make it quick."

"Get dressed," he said, letting her go.

"See, you're just blowing smoke." She tried to shove past him, but he grabbed her arm and pulled her back to him.

"I want you every damn minute of every damn day, but I want to make love, not fuck you for a minute before you're off with another man."

She growled, thrusting her hands in the air. "You're driving me nuts."

"Same goes, babe," he shot back before he let her pass.

***

During her date with Trevor, Jaya couldn't stop thinking about what Noah had said. The way he felt about her, she felt about him too. She wanted him all the damn time, and she sure as hell didn't want to share him with Brigitte—or any other woman. She blamed it on Noah's DNA floating around inside her. Like magnetic particles, they drew her to him, making her territorial.

"You're distracted," Trevor said, a smirk on his lips. They were sitting in a small, celebrity-frequented Thai fusion restaurant, savoring the best fried banana in all of L.A.