Gangrel Feral (Chapter 14)

Comenzar desde el principio

"Thou art a pathetic excuse for an original Nocte Venator." The vampire's voice was hypnotic, it had a soft echo that played within her throat, giving her accent an exotic texture that was pleasing, attractive. Marie could not help but desire to hear her speak more. The language was english, but it was old, and the last words she spoke sounded latin. What was a Nocte Venator?

She started to scoot backwards on her hands and feet, slowly inching towards her weapons. But the female grim reaper caught her movement and was upon her in less time than it took to take a breath. Her cold, sharp fingers cupped her chin, forcing her brown gaze up into the crimson mirrors. "Thine blood is ancient. Tis a strong smell I cannot ignore."

A soft cry of alarm escaped her when the vampire leaned down, nuzzling her cheek against Maries. She heard the soft sound of deep inhalation, the coldness leaving goosebumps in its wake.

"And purity. A rarity within itself." The woman shifted over her slightly, pulling back a little which gave hope to her that she was letting her go. But when she stood she took Marie with her, only by the catch of her chin. The hold forced her to grab onto the vampires' cold, boney forearms else break her neck from the weight of her body hanging from it.

"I have promised to kill thee, nought before I enjoy thee first." Marie felt the fresh sting of a cut as death drew her nail across her cheek. The hungry hiss that followed chilled her to the bones and deepened with disgust when that cold tongue slithered across her flesh to catch the flowing blood. "mmm...thou's taste can not be matched. Twould be a shame to kill thee."

"Well you're going to have to find it somewhere else!" Marie felt a surge through her that she never felt before, it tore through her arms which she lifted and brought down sharply on the vampire's forearms. All the movements seemed to be occuring on their own. As if her body knew what to do.

She felt weightless for a moment until her feet landed soundly on the floor. There was no hesitation once her grounding was sound; she lifted her leg and dealt a blow to the she-demon's thigh. It staggered in surprise at Marie's speed, staring at her then laughing manically.

"Seems I have brought out the beast in thou."

The shadows deepened and encompassed the vampire, hiding her in its depths as it swirled and grew in the room. Marie knew she was way out of her league; instead of fighting a mist-like shadow, she turned and dived for the weapons. Her fingers had only just wrapped around the bow and one arrow when she felt the cold wrap around her ankle tightly once again pulling her up into the air with a terrified scream.

Dangling freely from her ankle was certainly not comfortable, it was painful and made it incredibly difficult to notch her arrow. She struggled with the weapon as her body swayed and her nightgown fell over her face. 

"Son of a bitch!" Marie cried out when she felt the shadow make shallow cuts over her flesh as it worked its way up. She felt it drinking from her with the progression over her body. Which was given free reign considering her nightgown was bunched up around her armpits baring all to the world. She was certain she was going to die, she couldn't even notch an arrow, something she'd been able to do since she was a child.

A chance glimpse of the window found dark shapes of several wolves pounding their way towards the cabin. The lead one was much larger than the rest, she recognized him well and felt her heart swell. He was coming.

First rule as a hunter, never take your eyes off of the target. She did not know when the vampire came forth from the shadows but she was now lodged hungrily onto Marie's neck, pulling an agonized scream of pain from the mortal. The demon drank deeply, doing her best to drain the hunter before she could do anything more.