(Fluff) Average Holmes: Sherlock & sister!reader

You didn't know why you moved in with your brother... the great Sherlock Holmes! It hurt to say but it was true, he hated you, you were so ordinary... average... the average Holmes! Nothing compared to your successful and intelligent brothers... Ignoring the frustrated sigh coming from your older brother you stop yourself from breaking down. Soon, soon you'll move out and everything will be perfect.

~~~

"Y/n? Where are you going?" Zipping up your suitcase you turn to Sherlock with an angered face.

"I am moving out," rolling the suitcase passed him he grabs your hand.

"You can't just move out!"

"I can and will, I hate it here! I hate it with you!" Getting out his grasp you carry the heavy suitcase down the stairs.

"What the hell are you talking about?!" Sherlock shouts from the ledge.

"I'm talking about the obvious fact that you hate me for not being smart like you, dipshit!" walking out the front door you hail a cab as Sherlock runs out the door in anger, failing to catch you in time.

~~~

"You need to apologise," John says to Sherlock for what seemed like the hundredth time since Sherlock told him about you.

"I do not, she moved out, her choice, she's ignorant," Sherlock mumbles with closed eyes.

"There it is," John scoffs as Sherlocks eyes snap open.

"There is what? What is it?" Sherlock moves his gaze to John who had sat down in his chair.

"That, you calling her ignorant! That is exactly why she moved out... she probably wants nothing to do with you," John grumbles the last bit making Sherlock quirk his brow.

"What?"

"Sometimes you make people feel horrible for not understanding things you do, I've had a first hand experience multiple times,"

"But she's my sister, of course she would want to see me again!" Sherlock kicks his legs off the couch and faces the blogger who shrugs.

"With how you told the story I don't think she considers you a brother anymore, and I'm saying this honestly," Sherlock clenches his jaw. "Apologise to her, for both of you,"

~~~

A ping goes off, ending the silence that clouded 221b. Sherlock gazes over to the phone with a dull expression before his eyes widened... familiar initials ended a message, a photo attached. Picking up the phone he opens the text:

Got her! Solve the game, Sherly, or she goes... - JM

Opening the attached image it was of Y/n, bound and gagged by a cloth and rope, skin bruised and blood dripping from her temple.

"What's wrong?" John notices the concerned look on his best friends face, quickly making his way over he lays eyes on the message and clenches his fists. "What are you waiting for?! Let's go!" With more concern being showed Sherlock recomposes himself, swiftly putting on his coat and exiting the flat.

~~~

"Son of a bitch..." you groan, eyes peaking open to see a blinding light above, heating up the top of your head. "What the fuck?..." you go to reach the throbbing pain at your head only to feel your hands tied together. Starting to panic you pull at the restraints that held down your hands and feet. "Help! Somebody help!" You shout at the metal door. Suddenly a man walks in, dressed in some sort of fancy suit.

"My dear, don't shout, you'll strain your lovely voice,"

"Who the fuck are you?" He gives a low chuckle. Taking a better look at him you see the dark smirk and emotionless eyes you saw on screens, the man your brother had as his sworn enemy. "Jesus Christ-"

"Glad your memory works!" He says happily. "Don't worry, your brother will be on his way... if he solves it," you scoff making the man quirk a brow.

"That asshole doesn't care about me... sorry to ruin your plans, Mr Moriarty," the criminal walks closer to you. "I'm the unheard of Holmes sister, the one without all that intellect! My brother couldn't give two flying fucks about me... in their eyes I'm a disappointment," you shrug and lean back.

"You're trying to trick me, right?" Laughing you shake your head.

"Fuck no, actually this is probably the best part of my life, just another thing to prove my brother doesn't care about me! Kill me, torture me, Sherlock will not bat an eye, I doubt Mycroft will either," you hold in tears as Moriarty lifts your chin.

"A death wish? All hope lost already?" You move your face away making him chuckle. "Give it an hour, and your wish will come true!" Sniffling you're such as he leaves the room with a deafening bang.

~~~

"Fuck," A sob escapes your lips as you walk down the street. Now forced to stand in the middle of the road you see the car speeding towards you, and the sniper on the roof making sure you stay.

"Y/n!" But it was too late, darkness clouded your vision, your brothers voice being the last thing you heard.

~~~

Opening your heavy eyes you look around the pristine room, you were in a hospital room... flashbacks of recent memories zoom in your mind making you gasp and take in a sharp breath. Looking around in a panic you see the empty room, not a criminal in sight. The throbbing in your abdomen and head made you wince when you tried to sit up. Looking down at the bandages and hospital gown your lips tremble as tears escape your eyes. Hearing the door knob turn you flinch and grab the nearest item to defend yourself.

"Y/n?" The coffee that your brother held fell to the ground as he rushed to your side.

"Sherlock?" He quickly embraced you making you wheeze in pain.

"Oh god I'm so sorry," he let's go and kisses your forehead. "I'm so sorry I didn't get there in time, I'm sorry," this was new... you brother never apologised even as kids he refused.

"Sherlock,"

"No, I don't expect you to accept my apology, I'm a horrible brother, I shouldn't have let this happen, I'm so sorry for everything I said and did, I'm sorry for making the last option for your happiness was moving away from me, Y/n, I'm so sorry," ignoring the screaming pain from your body you hug your brother tight, burying your head in the crook of his neck.

"Oh, Sherlock," you both sat in silence, silently accepting what had happened. Pulling back you smile at your older brother. "I forgive you, none of this was your fault,"

"But it was," you see his puffy eyes and red cheeks. "I promise I'll do better, be the brother you deserve, the one I should have always been," nodding slowly you wipe away the stray tears.

"Thank you,"

~~~

Oof- that took a while! But I love requests so pls dm if you have one!

- Anna ❤️