(Angst/fluff) Meeting your parents: Sherlock

It was rainy afternoon and you had travelled all the way to Brixton where your parents lived. Your boyfriend Sherlock had gotten a bottle of wine and you were currently contemplating whether or not to ring the door bell. "I don't know, Sherl, maybe we can come back another time," he sighs and looks you in the eye, grabbing your shoulder with his free hand.

"Y/n L/n you have nothing to worry about, if they disapprove it won't make me love you any less," you nod and turn back to the doorbell. Ringing it you wait in anticipation.

"Hello? Y/n! Glad you're here, I missed you, come in- oh... this must be Sherlock..." you nod slightly and take off your coat, getting inside with Sherlock.

"I brought wine, hopefully it's what you like," Sherlock says with a smile. Your mother nods before taking the bottle into the kitchen.

"Mum? Where's dad?" You look around your old home, memories flooding back.

"Oh he won't be home until later," you sigh and sit down at the table. Gesturing for Sherlock to sit with you, your mother brings in food. You smile and thank your mother, nudging Sherlock to do the same.

~~~

"And don't bring that retched boyfriend of your back here!" Your mother shouted, slamming the door in both your faces. Sighing Sherlock turns to you with a half smile. You started to tear up, you look down at the pavement and started to walk home, you hailed a cab, Sherlock following behind.

"You take the next one, Sherlock," he looks at you with a raised brow and nods.

"Very well,"

~~~

The ride back to Baker Street was short, you went straight to your flat that still had some of your stuff in it. You sit down on the bed and start to cry. Tears streaming down your face, you hear a knock at the door and see Sherlock looking worried. "N/n? Are you alright, love?" You nod, sniffling a bit.

"I just don't get it!" You cry in anger. "Why doesn't she approve of anyone I meet?! It's damn ridiculous!"

"Maybe-" he sits down by your side.

"Maybe we shouldn't see each other... Sherlock I'm sorry I-" he grabs your face with his cold palms.

"Don't say that! I love you and I sure as hell hope you do too, we are perfect for each other and it doesn't mean a damn thing what your mother thinks because that just another jealous voice," he takes your hands in his. "Y/n, I can tell your parents never had a good marriage and your mother is jealous that you've found someone who loves you unconditionally! I love you with all my heart and damn what that woman says about us!"

"Sherlock that-" for a second worry shot across his face, he was worried that this wasn't enough or maybe he said too much. However he was wrong, he said just enough. "Sherlock that was the nicest, loveliest thing anyone had ever said to me... I love you," you hug him tightly, a tear rolling down your cheek.

"I love you too,"

~~~

Not too much angst but...

- Anna ❤️