Night Nims

*Marcus's POV*

I looked at Niomi, trying to read her thoughts. I wanted to press charges, but I didn't know what Niomi was thinking.

"Nims?" I asked her. She looked up at me through her big, brown eyes.

"I don't know Marcus, it seems like a lot of trouble to go to," she said uncertainly.

"Niomi, this girl broke into our apartment at four in the morning and assaulted us! For all we know she could have killed us!" I said in disbelief.

She looked down at the ground. "I suppose you're right," she said, fiddling with her thumbs, "But we're only here for two more days and then we're going home. It would ruin our holiday to have to go to all that legal action."

I considered this. "Officer, is there anyway we can press charges but not have to attend any of the sentences?" I asked him.

"Certainly, we can have a lawyer represent you and your partner in court if you would prefer that?" He asked us.

Niomi slithered an arm around me. "That seems like the best option," she said. I nodded and kissed her forehead.

I spoke to the officer and Niomi and I filled out some papers for him to bring back to the station so he would be able to hire the lawyer.

Finally, at about six o'clock, Zoe and Alfie went back to their room after bidding us goodnight. Niomi and I fell into bed, exhausted after the long and scary night. I heard Niomi whisper,"Night Marky," as my head hit the soft pillow.

"Night, Nims."