Chapter Two

Had I known that Emily meant bright and early shopping, I probably would've denied and decided to patrol with Sam. At exactly seven in the morning, Emily came into my room at the pack house and woke me up. I had decided to stay at the pack house over night, so that I wouldn't be late to our shopping trip. Now I know I should've slept at my own home with Paul, maybe I would've slept to at least nine.

       Anyhow, once Emily woke me up, I went straight for a shower. I knew the shower would wake me up. After showering, I dried my hair and put on a little makeup. Since I wasn't patrolling today, I knew the makeup wasn't a bad idea. Once my makeup was done, I slipped on the clothes that I had picked for the day.

"You want some breakfast before we leave?" Emily asked, causing me to laugh

"You act as if you don't know me." I joked, as she smirked.

"You're right. You're always hungry, same as your brothers." She replied, making me nod.

       Emily had always referred to the pack as my brothers, and vice versa for the rest of them. It never bothered me, since they were all practically my brothers. I had known them pretty much all of my life. I had known Sam back when he was still with Emily's cousin Leah, that was a bit of an uncomfortable breakup I have to say.

"I'm leaving some breakfast for the boys. They'll just have to learn to share amongst the three of them." She commented, as she sat a plate of pancakes in front of me.

      I quickly put whipped cream and syrup on my pancakes, before taking a big bite of the warm and fluffy goodness.

"Thank you, Em." I gushed, causing her to laugh.

"No problem, Krista." She replied, as she ate a pancake herself.

       Once we were done, we headed out to Emily's car and drove to town. We headed first to a store where both clothes and food was sold, since we needed food but went out to look for new clothes and shoes. Walking inside, I could feel eyes on us like normal. People would stare at Emily's scars and others would stare at me for my figure or my clothes. When people stared at Emily, I would send them death glares and they'd quickly avert their eyes and run off. I knew I scared the wits off people, but honestly I didn't care.

"Let's get food first. The boys and you eat a lot." She said, causing me to laugh.

"I know, but we're growing up, Em." I joked, and she snorted.

"Sure, maybe growing up a gut." She replied, making me gasp.

"I am not growing a gut!" I exclaimed, and she laughed.

       We went through the isles, grabbing many different foods and supplies Emily needed for cooking. She knew everything she needed, she just had to tell me so I could go get it for her. I never really paid attention to what she bought, so she always had to tell me the same things over and over when we went shopping.

        After an hour, we finally decided to go shopping for clothes and shoes. I was about an isle away from Emily, when I smelt the same alluring scent I had smelt yesterday in the woods with Paul. The smell caught me off guard, but I knew it was a person, since the scent wasn't prominent earlier. Biting my lip, I quickly made my way to Emily. I didn't know who the person was, but there had to be a reason why I could smell them so vastly, otherwise their scent wouldn't have stood out.

"Do you smell that?" I asked, hoping Emily smelt the person as well.

     If she smelt it, that would mean it was someone who wore too much perfume or something, but when she shook her head, my heart started to pound in my chest. I could smell the person,  but I could not see them. They were in the store, I just wasn't sure where. I needed to find them, but I wasn't leaving Emily's side, not for a long shot.

"Do you smell something?" She asked, causing me to nod stiffly.

"Yes, but I'm not sure where it's coming from. I'm certain it's a person though." I replied, as she looked up at me confused.

"How do you know it's a person?" She asked, making me sigh.

"I smelt the same person yesterday when I was on patrol with Paul. Their smell was so alluring, like woodsy with a hint of bourbon. I didn't know who it was then, and I don't know who it is now." I answered, making her smirk.

"The way you described their scent makes me think it's your imprint. I mean, think about it, you said their scent was alluring and you could practically tell me exactly what it smelt like. You should find them, and finally have your imprint." Emily said, causing my eyes to widen.

      Just the thought of finding my imprint made me unhappy. The thought of this person being my imprint almost infuriated me. I could feel myself shaking, and there really wasn't nothing I could do about it. Emily could see I was shaking too, but she couldn't call Sam about it. He would have a conniption, so she just decided to think on her toes. In a matter of seconds, Emily had me wrapped in her arms hugging me tightly. I took a few shaky breaths, letting myself calm down. I couldn't hurt Emily. It would crush me, if Sam didn't do it first. Emily was my best friend and was like a mother to me, so even the thought of hurting her made me want to cry.

"We've got to leave." I stated, Emily just nodding in agreement.

      She and Sam may have wanted me to find my imprint, but they didn't want me freaking out and shifting in the middle of a store. So, with a quick motion, Emily had her stuff and we were headed to the check out...

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you liked this chapter. Don't worry, Klaus will be in the story very soon. What do you guys think?!

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx