Night

I like the night sky. The sky is always so pretty at night. Sometimes my life seems so big and like it's ending. But when I look at the sky I remember other people have so many more problems. I remember I'm apart of something bigger. Does this happen to anyone else?

When I feel alone I look up at the sky. The stars seem so bright an full of life. The moon shines bright. Shadows of life, the shadows of nature. Shadows that can haunt your dreams. I like these shadows.
People are always scared of their demons. When were little kids we ask our parents to check under the bed for monsters. It never occurs to our young minds that maybe monsters aren't the scary things that appear in our nightmares. No they can be inside of us. We all have monsters within us. The ability to be heartless, to hurt people close to us. But some people can hide that part of us well. Some people don't even feel that side of themselves. Some people embrace their monsters. Some people though, some people fear their monsters. They are unable to deal with the fact that they can hurt people. Break them. Destroy them. That scares them. And that consumes them. I used to fear my monsters. They live inside my head. But they aren't really monsters. They can be people to. They care. They feel. They hope. They love. They trust. Just because they are the worst part of us doesn't mean they are bad.

The night shows me the light. Shows me a path. Helps me realise apart of myself. Part of myself that I try so hard to hide. The part of me that needs to rely on someone, the vulnerable part of myself that I hate.

Our monsters can only consume us if we let them. Maybe it's ok to work with our monsters. The demons that we are so afraid of, aren't the things that we don't understand, or the things we fear. They are within us. Within others. Monsters don't always come out at night.

One last question. Do you like the night?