CHAPTER 34

Author's POV

As the clock was about to strike 12 Arushi made sure Vikrant was asleep and tip toed towards the kitchen to grab the small vanilla frosting cake that she had baked and hidden from him to wish him right when his birthday began.

"Happy Birthday Mr. Husband." she whispered into his ears while giving a small bite on his earlobe. Vikrant who wasn't actually asleep woke up with the brightest smile on his face. Wrapping his arms around her waist he almost pulled her onto himself.

"Vikrant the cake will fall." Arushi said trying to balance the cake in one hand while trying to adjust herself because of the sudden pull.

"Who wants the cake when I have my sweetest wife all for myself"

"Vikrant stop." Arushi tried stopping her husband who was nuzzling into her all set to turn on his naughty mode.

"Hmm" was all that Vikrant said while smelling in the scent of his wife.

"Cut the cake now." Arushi said pushing Vikrant aside and placing the cake in front of Vikrant as he sat up.

There are some days in life when you feel like you couldn't pray for anything more perfect than the life that you are living in that moment. It was that phase for Arushi and Vikrant. They have been enjoying each other's company. Just the thought of having their partner beside them for a lifetime would swell their hearts in happiness.

"So where's my gift?" Vikrant questioned Arushi as he stuffed the delicious cake in the mouth of his wife.

"Isn't it enough that I baked a cake for you?"

"Nah... It would be more than enough even if you just gave me a long kiss." Vikrant pouted out his lips waiting for Arushi to do the needful.

"You are such a ."

"Such a...?"

"Nothing." Arushi said before pushing Vikrant and walking to the kitchen to keep back the left over cake.
.
.
.
In the morning Arushi woke up to see her husband sleeping peacefully with a small smile playing on his lip. She thought he looked ravishingly hot in the messy morning hair. Unconsciously her hand started playing with his hair which in turn resulted in Vikrant pulling her more closer eliminating the slightest of gap between them.

"Vikrant" Arushi gasped due to the sudden pull.

"Hmm"

"Leave me we'll be late for work"

Since it was a weekday both of them couldn't miss their work but had promised each other to be back soon so that they could spend their evening together.

"Not before a birthday kiss Lifey." Vikrant said raising his eyebrows making a naughty smirk.

"No"

"Yes"

"No"

"Yes"

"No"

"No"

"Yes" the fish was caught in the trap.

"So now that you have agreed let's kiss." Vikrant gave a victory smile and pouted his lips out. Arushi was in a state of shock for a second but then realised what just happened. It wasn't that Arushi did not like the feeling of being kissed but she was too shy to be initiating it.

The hesitation was clearly evident on her face and Vikrant understood it. Leaning towards her Vikrant slowly captured her lips with his. Just for the snap of a second Arushi's eyes grew wide but then she closed her eyes endeavoring the pleasure of the kiss. Little blush crept over her cheeks which made Vikrant smile into the kiss.