CHAPTER 3

Arushi's POV

It has been 2 days since I told mumma papa that I am ready to meet the boy and his family but still I am not able to bring my mind to proper terms.

Mahima called me this morning to meet her. I am on my way to her home. I havn't yet told her about the meet up that's planned for this saturday.

I was greated by her mom at the doorway. I motioned towards Mahima's room.

And there she was staring out of the window like a emotionless woman. Its been 6months to her divorce and still she is drowned in the grief of that worthless marriage.

"Hey babes whats up?" I chirpped bringing her attention towards me.

She motioned towards me and gave me a bone crushing hug. I so missed her it was more than 10 days that we had met because of my busy schedule.

We made ourselves comfortable on her comfy couch. Its my favourite place in her room.

" So whats up.....I see you have been very busy these days" I said with a little sarcasm in my tone to cheer her mood.

Its very rare that she herself makes efforts to call me and whenever she does its confirmed that she has something that's messing up her mind.

"I should be the one telling that to you" she said in her flat tone.

The jovial Mahi is lost somewhere I so want her back. It breaks my heart to listen to her in this tone.

"Hmm" is all that I could reply back.

"You remember Sarthak?" she spoke after the silence of a few minutes.

"Ya Sarthak the lover boy....you left him because of your orthodox parents and ended up in this mess" the tint of anger was evident in my tone.

I really hate her parents for getting her forcefully married to that bastard.

"Hmm" She replied with a tear dropping from her eye which dint go unnoticed by me though she tried to hide it.

"It isn't your fault Mahi just get over it....move ahead with your life. Atleast take a step ahead with your career how long will you be suffocating yourself in this room. I have seen enough of this vulnarable Mahi I want my strong girl back, the girl who wouldn't think twice before punching a guy who proposed her at school."

She giggled a little reminiscing our school days when she punched a guy so hard that his lip started to bleed.

"Sarthak called me few days ago...After 4 years."

"Wow...Mr. Lover Boy is still drowned in your love."

" He still wants me back in his life. He said not just 4 years but he would have waited all his life for me to return. He wants to meet me. He has called and texted a few times in the past week."

So this is the dilemma because of which Mahi madam has called me.

"He wants you back in his life....but what do you want? Its high time you be selfish enough to think about yourself rather than your parents or anyone else. So tell me what do you want?" I questioned her.

"I don't know Arushi....my life is just a mess...when I wanted sarthak my parents did not agree to it just because he didn't belong to our caste...they married me off to a man who almost killed me...now when I don't want anyone in my life I am getting a choice of returning to what I wanted earlier. Its just such a mess. I don't want this nothing of this" she started sobbing frantically and I could do nothing but to hug her.

"Its ok Mahi....everything happens for a reason. Just stop crying. Everything will be fine."

"Its 4years Aru...I cant remember the last time I have smiled whole heartedly....it seriously sucks to live such a life."

" Stop dwelling on the grief that has gone by...move ahead with your life...Sarthak really loves you and I very well know somewhere you also still love him. So get over your fears and begin a fresh."

"But mumma papa..." she said with some fear still evident in her voice.

"It may hurt you but this is the truth...you did as they wanted and ruined your life...dont live in this ruined life forever...be strong meet Sarthak once then speak to your parents I am sure this time they wont repeat the mistake that they did earlier. Think about it. "

"Hmm...so whats up with you?" she questioned trying to lighten the dense environment.

"Nothing much just busy at hospital...No fun at all."

"Sangeeta Aunty had called me 3 days ago....why are your lectures only for me....why arn't you getting over your fear?"

I had no answer for her question.

"Arushi if its high time for me to move on then its more than high time for you. Somethings are meant to happen and we cannot avoid them...lets just try to get over whatever has happened. Its tough for me but if I see you happy maybe that will give me some strength to move on...Are you getting my point?"

I just nodded

"Promise me you will try your best?"

She was right. Maybe I was fearing a lot more than I really should.

I promised her that I would try my best and meet the boy with a open mind with no fear.

It was already half past one when I decided to leave as I had to go to the hospital.

I was a little confident now to meet the boy. Lets see what life has in store for me.

•••••••••••••••