Our Turn

Minnie woke up with a smile on her face the next day. She heard Christopher snore lightly next to her. She got out of bed, careful not to wake him up. 

She made her way to the kitchen and made herself some breakfast. She ate in silence as she remembered the night before. Every touch, every kiss, every smile. 

After, they had gone out on her balcony and had sandwiches, before they went back inside and did it again. She smiled as she remembered. She still had the uncertainty of not knowing about her and Christopher, but she didn't want to think about that today. She was simply too happy. She was in the middle of remembering reaching climax, when Christopher's arms sneaked around her waist. 

"Good morning beautiful," he whispered to only her. She turned around and they shared a kiss. "I did something," Christopher admitted when they parted. Minnie gave him a questioning look. "I texted Tiff and Jake of your phone and canceled your movie marathon today."

Christopher smirked when Minnie's jaw fell to the floor. "How dead am I? They take the movie marathon VERY serious."

Christopher chuckled and kissed her forehead. "You're fine, since I promised them Saturday and Sunday next weekend." He shrugged and Minnie smiled. "Get dressed, I'm taking you somewhere," Christopher then said. 

Christopher had breakfast while Minnie showered and got herself dressed. She decided on a yellow dress with white lace details. She also wore a pair of white ballet flats. Christopher entered the room wearing a white t-shirt and black jeans. 

"My boss called. The transfer was approved. I officially move here next week." Minnie couldn't contain herself, so she threw herself around his neck. Christopher chuckled and bent down to kiss her. "Ready to go?" he asked her when they parted.

They were walking to the large park where Christopher had taken her to see the fireworks on new years when their plans had shattered due to her being sick. 

He lead her to a spot, hidden by some large trees. He stopped before her and just looked at her. He suddenly looked nervous and for a second Minnie wondered why. That was until he bent down to one knee and opened a jewelry box holding her dream engagement ring.

"I love you and I want to be with you. I always have. Will you do me the honor of marrying me?"

Minnie stared at him. She was at a loss for words. Her eyes became glossy though. She found her words just as Christopher started looking unsure. 

"Of course I will."

Christopher stood up and pressed his lips to hers. When they parted Christopher got the ring from the box and put it on her finger. 

*A few months later*

"Mrs Dolan, I need you to push." Dr. Cameron told Minnie.

"You try pushing a human out of your body!" Minnie yelled back at her. She was in the most pain she had ever experienced. Christopher was smart enough to keep his mouth shut.

"I have," Dr. Cameron said, "three times. Now push."

Minnie did and soon a loud baby scream filled the room. 

"Well done, Mrs Dolan. It's a girl." Dr. Cameron said. 

Christopher bent down and kissed Minnie on the lips. "A girl," he whispered. Minnie was panting heavily, but managed to create a smile. Minnie was given some time to calm down before Dr. Cameron returned again.

"Okay, Mrs Dolan, let's deliver the second baby. You need to push again."

After crying in pain for the second time, the second baby was delivered. 

"It's another girl," Dr. Cameron announced.

Minnie felt something wet against her face and noticed that Christopher was crying. She reached out and placed her hand on his cheek. He opened his eyes and smiled at her.

After giving Minnie and Christopher a moment with their daughters, the nurses began let Minnie and Christopher's family members into the room.

"We're grandparents now," Donald told Sandy as they entered the room along with Harper, April, Ethan, Carter and Francesca. 

They all stopped before Minnie and Christopher who were holding a baby each. 

"This is Isadora Dolan," Christopher announced and everyone aawed. 

"And this is Indie Dolan," Minnie said and snuggled against her daughter.

Minnie and Christopher smiled at each other as they handed their babies over to their grandmothers. April was quick to join Minnie and she gave her a long hug. April stroke her bump. She was now four months along and in just a few months, Indie and Isadora would receive a cousin. 

In the few months since getting engaged, Minnie and Christopher had gotten married. A very successful day where Minnie had been seven and a half months pregnant. They had also bought a house, not too far away from Sandy Dolan. 

Tiff and Jake had gladly invited Christopher to join their weekly movie marathons and they had began working through the movies in alphabetical order. They had just reached the letter F. 

Christopher enjoyed his new job and had gotten a new partner: Hunter Grant. Though, he did keep close contact with his former partner Vic Jhones and his wife Andrea and daughter Olivia. Olivia was thrilled that she would be getting "cousins." 

Minnie looked around the room and took in everyone's happiness. She looked at Christopher who was watching her back. His smile grew and he bent down and kissed her on the lips.

"Well done, Minnie," he whispered. 

"Thank you for the support," she whispered back. 

"I love you," they both said in unison and chuckled before they let their family members into their bubble.