Memory

Minnie

Minnie watched Christopher.

"Do you remember when we went camping?"

Of course she did.

"Are we really doing this?" April asked for the seventh time.

"We are, and you girls are going to enjoy it," Ethan said. He was sat in the passenger seat while Christopher was driving. Minnie and April were sat in the back. They had never been camping in their lives. Ethan had been camping many times with his family and Christopher had been camping multiple times with his team as a team building activity. 

"Can we please change the music?" April plead and Minnie felt everyone's gazes on her. They were listening to Taylor Swift's old music, since Minnie had won a bet on the annual carnival. She was in charge of the music and set on making life hard for Christopher. Minnie smirked and sang along.

"You should've said no, you should've gone home, you should've thought twice before you let it all go." 

Everyone groaned.

"It's my month of music, my choice and I chose Taylor Swift," Minnie said.

"Then please tell me we're almost there." Ethan sighted. 

"We are actually," Christopher said and made a left turn into the woods. He drove for a few more minutes before he parked the car. 

The four of them got out of the car and Christopher and Ethan took the charge on building the tents and making a fire, while Minnie and April watched and felt useless. 

"If you prepare our beds, we will cook the food," Christopher told Minnie and April. They walked over to the car to get the sleeping bags. 

"Isn't it weird that inside a house men are useless when it comes to cooking, but as soon as you go outside they become five star chefs," April said and Minnie chuckled. 

Minnie got her and Christopher's stuff to their tent and began making their sleeping places. When she got back outside, Ethan, April and Christopher were all sat by the fire. Minnie took a seat next to Christopher and leaned her head against his arm. He placed his hand on her thigh. 

When they had eaten dinner, Ethan and April went for a walk and left Minnie and Christopher all alone by the fire. They wasted no time, but immediately threw themselves at each other. They made out with Christopher's hands against Minnie's waist, and Minnie's hands running through Christopher's hair. Christopher pulled Minnie tighter and guided her to sit on his lap, her legs on the outside of his legs. She kept her hands in his hair and felt him starting to undo the zipper on her pants. He sneaked one of his hands inside her pants and she gasped. She could feel his hard-on against her.

Their little moment ended once they heard some branches crack. They quickly parted and Minnie redid her zipper right before April and Ethan returned. They smirked like they either knew exactly what Minnie and Christopher had done, or like they had just done the same thing. 

There was a tension at first, but then Ethan decided that it was time to tell scary stories. April told one and then Ethan took over.

"...and then they all heard a loud scream, followed by a loud cracking sound."

All four of them shut up when they, in fact, heard a loud cracking sound. They looked at each other and in the direction in which the sound had come from. April looked like she could cry at any moment and Ethan placed a hand on her lower back. Christopher grabbed Minnie's hand and squeezed it tight.

When they hadn't heard anything else, nor gotten themselves killed, for a while, they decided that it was time to call it a day and go to sleep. 

Minnie and Christopher laid down next to each other. It was still light enough for them to make out the contours of each other. Christopher reached out and placed his hand on the back of Minnie's head. He pulled her closer and she followed. Their lips met and Christopher undid the zipper of Minnie's sleeping bag. A moan escaped her mouth when his hand found it's way down her sweatpants and underwear. 

"We can hear that!" April shouted from the other tent. Christopher and Minnie stopped and looked at each other and giggled. They parted and Minnie snuggled up against Christopher instead. He sneaked one of his arms around her and placed his head behind her, so that she felt his breathing against her ear. Soon enough they were both heavily sleeping.

Minnie woke up from hearing Christopher chuckling in her ear. She opened her eyes and it was pitch dark around her. Then she also heard it. Female moans and male groans. She giggled as she realized what was happening. April and Ethan were in the middle of a "situation" in the other tent. 

"Shall we?" Christopher chuckled and Minnie whispered a "yes" back to him. Then they both shouted.

"WE CAN HEAR YOU!"

Minnie laughed as she remembered the camping trip.

"And they thought we couldn't hear them." She dried the tears from her eyes.

Christopher was watching and chuckling along with her. "After they had made it very clear that they heard us making out."

"And they were so loud." Minnie was still laughing and tears were running down her cheeks. 

When she had calmed down a bit, she turned back to Christopher. "Thank you for making me laugh," she said. "I can't remember the last time I did."

"Always a pleasure," he said and looked a bit more serious.

"I've got an appointment at the doctor's on Wednesday next week. If you want to come too. It's the first look at the baby."

Minnie watched as Christopher's face turned from a serious one to the brightest ones she had ever seen, which made her smile too.

"There it is," he then said.

"What is?" she frowned.

"The life in your eyes."

"I've been sleeping really bad lately," Minnie admitted.

Christopher stood up and grabbed her hand. "Come," he said and dragged her into her bedroom. "Lay down on the bed, I'm going to make a quick call." He left the room for a few minutes and when he returned he placed his phone on her dresser. He unbuttoned his police shirt and took it off. Then he undid his pants and took them off as well. 

"Lay on the side," he told her and climbed into the bed behind her. He placed himself close to her and sneaked his arm around her. 

She felt herself getting more and more tired and soon she drifted off into a deep and peaceful sleep.