Unexpected

Suddenly someone knocked on Minnie's front door. Minnie and Christopher parted and stared at each other with wide eyes.

"Are you expecting someone?" Christopher asked.

Minnie shook her head and tried to remember if she did in fact expect someone. That was until the person on the other side of the door spoke.

"Minnie, open up! It's Tiff."

"Tiff, as in Tiffany, Tiff? From college?" Christopher asked and Minnie nodded slowly. "I thought you hated her," he added.

"I strongly disliked her and it was only because she had a huge crush on you and was very open about it. But we bonded after you left," Minnie rushed. 

"She had a crush on me? I never noticed." Christopher sounded surprised. "All I remember is that she was very clingy." Minnie resisted the urge to roll her eyes. Boys...

"Well she can't see you. Hide," Minnie demanded and pointed to the bathroom attached to her bedroom. 

Christopher sighted and grabbed his things and walked over to the bathroom. Minnie reached into her closet and put on a pair of fresh underwear, a pair of leggings and an over sized t-shirt. Christopher stopped in his tracks when his eyes landed on the logo. 

"You kept that?" he sounded surprised as his eyes still rested on the old college t-shirt he had given her when they were living together.

"Yes. Now hide," she said and pointed at the bathroom door. Tiffany knocked on the door again.

"I'm coming!" Minnie yelled as she ran towards the door, after she safely heard the door to the bathroom close.

She swung the door open and reveled her friends from college: Tiffany and Jake.

"Hey guys. What are you doing here?" She asked and tried to sound normal.

"It's Sunday," Jake said in a 'duuh'-tone.

"Movie marathon," Tiffany said in the same tone. "You know we're watching wedding movies this week, in honor of your sister getting married"

"Right," Minnie nodded. She had completely forgotten what day it was. Her, Tiffany and Jake always met up on Sundays and watched a bunch of movies. Minnie looked between the platinum blonde Tiffany with the big grey eyes, to Jake with his red short hair and green eyes. 

"How are you? You don't look so well?" Jake eyed Minnie. 

The perfect lie to play on, Minnie thought.

"I don't feel so well," Minnie lied. "Maybe we can skip this week and save the wedding movies until next-"

"No, that's not it," Tiffany eyed Minnie suspiciously, before she broke into a wide smile. "You got laid!" she exclaimed. "It's written all over your face." Then she paused. "Wait, is the guy still here?"

Minnie nodded slowly. Why bother lying when she were right?

"Ooh, can we meet him?" Jake asked. "I just wanna make sure that he's straight."

"No," Minnie said. "I'ts nothing serious. We were just having some fun." 

"Well, you go girl. Consider the movie marathon moved." Tiffany grinned at Minnie before her and Jake both left.

Minnie sighted as she closed the door. "The coast is clear," she shouted to Christopher. She heard the bathroom door open and Christopher stepped into the hallway fully dressed. 

"I should probably leave," he said and Minnie agreed. He should leave. Who knows what she might do of he stayed.

"Yeah, probably" she kept her gaze on the floor. Why was it so hard to say goodbye? This time she actually would get a goodbye, unlike the last time Christopher left.

"It was nice meeting you again and...you know," he said and lifted her chin to make her eyes meet his. "Goodbye Minnie Mouse."

That got a slight smile out of her. He pulled her into a hug and she mumbled a goodbye. He let her go and took one last look at her before he opened the door and left. 

Minnie leaned against the wall behind her for support and let the single tear that rested by her eye, roll down her cheek.