Millie didn't reply. There wasn't much else for her to say when Maddie was incredibly stubborn and thickheaded with her opinion. Glamour was a set in stone state of mind for her. Whatever she thought was fabulous must be fabulous, no questions asked. If she deemed Fiji as the prettiest location on earth, then that was it. There was just no arguing with her.

In a way, she reminded Millie of her own mother. Which wasn't surprising. All their mothers had that same perspective on everything. It was only natural for their daughters to take it in, too.

So why couldn't Millie?

Everyone else might say she was the same way. But that was only pretend. She was good at pretending, good at having people perceive her a certain way. Why couldn't she bring herself to be the same as them?

"So," Sophia drawled suggestively, wiggling her brows as she grinned knowingly, bringing Millie's attention back down to earth.

Millie spared her a glance, brows furrowing in confusion as she waited expectantly for the redhead to continue.

Sophia giggled slightly as she adjusted herself more comfortably beside her, damp hair falling across her forehead as she moved. "I saw you talking with the Wolfhard's boy the other day."

At the mention of Finn, her interest was highly piqued. But she didn't exactly want to show it.

"Oh, yeah." She shrugged indifferently. "We talked."

"What's up with him?" Maddie sneered. "I mean, don't get me wrong, he's super cute. I could totally get under him." She giggled as Sophia whacked her arm. "What! That whole look suits him, honestly. But isn't he, like, kinda weird?"

Millie ignored her previous comments, instead finding one word that stood out to her. "Weird?"

Maddie's lips curled in disdain. "Well, yeah." Her tone was laced with annoyance as she went on, "Who else around here parties down south? Nobody. Except for Jack. But Jack is also kind of weird."

"Why would Finn be weird?" Millie asked, sitting up straighter, cross legged now that her nails had dried.

Maddie rolled her crystal blue eyes, and it caused Millie's blood to boil. "Honestly, Millie, I don't see why you find it so hard to believe. He's weird, okay? Anyways, I heard that he's been trying to rebel against his dad lately."

"Rebels can be weird sometimes," Sophia chimed in thoughtfully.

"Exactly." Maddie grinned in satisfaction. "He doesn't even like to show off his dad's money. Like, at all."

"Not everyone does, Maddie," Millie nearly spat out, resisting the urge to roll her eyes.

Sophia gasped before she leaned forward, speaking in a whisper, "I overheard my mom saying something about his dad having an affair."

Millie frowned at the newfound information. "Your mom is such a gossip, Sophia, how do you even know it's true?"

"Because she overheard it from one of our maids who was talking with another maid that works at the Wolfhard's."

Maddie pointed at Sophia, giving Millie a knowing look. "Maids do know a lot of stuff. Plus, they share it with each other. They all get to talking and before you know it, they all know your family secrets."