Chapter 11

"You can't go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending." ~C.S. Lewis

   I let out a groan, who was knocking on my door so early. As I got up from my bed, the flashbacks of last night hit me like a bus. Justice came over, she was sad I could tell. I let her stay with me, we talked for about an hour. She mentioned the baby a couple of times and her excitement to find out next month if the baby was a boy or a girl. Her excitement was noticeable anytime she mentioned the baby her eyes would light up.

I looked over my shoulder. There Justice laid sleeping calmly. I could not help the smile that ran across my face. Justice was breathtaking, before my thoughts could wander to last night's event, I got up quickly and put on some clothes. I would deal with my emotions later. I had slept with Justice and she had a boyfriend this whole situation just got a whole lot more stressful. I ran to the door and opened it. 

"He has been fed," Lex told me as she handed me Cayden. "I forgot I had my final exam in an hour." I wished her luck on her exam and she was off.  She was going to do fine. She was going to pass her exam and finally begin her career, or as I like to call it her big kid job. 

"Who was it?" I looked back to see Justice who was fully clothed. I turned around and showed her Cayden. She smiled and I felt my heart skip a beat. Which I hated, I still had feelings for Justice. Feelings that should have left a long time ago. Feelings that should have left me when I saw her with another person. Could I be any dumber? I probably could but this was not the time for me to one-up myself.

"I'm going to make breakfast any request?" Justice shook her head no and took Cayden from me. 

   After Justice left I wanted nothing more than a rootbeer float. I had been craving it for a couple of days. I thought I could ignore it but nope this child was set on that rootbeer float.  It seemed like they didn't want anything else because the breakfast I had this morning only stayed down for an hour. Things I have learned with this child is that if they don't crave it I don't eat it because usually, I end up with my head in the toilet. 

The boys had come home and we decided to spend the afternoon watching movies. I finally gave in and texted Justice, considering what we did last night. I guess I forgave her, I wasn't even mad at her, to begin with, I was just upset with her boyfriend who made it very clear he didn't want a baby. Which made no sense to me because I thought it was something he and Justice went into together. By the looks of it, I was wrong. 

"The mother of your child is here," Harvey told me as he sat back down. Why was Justice back she had just left?

"It isn't my child," I told Harvey. He shook his head in disappointment. I knew this boy so well and he was upset with me. I knew that I need to have a heart-to-heart with him before he became closed off with me. I could not afford that. He is my backbone. He has been my backbone since I became their guardian. 

"I brought you this." Justice handed me a rootbeer float. "Are you crying?" I lifted my hand to my cheek and I was. These hormones are finally out of control. I am crying over a rootbeer float. Justice also brought burgers and fries, which the boys were thrilled about. 

We spend the rest of the night watching movies finally the boys went to bed and only Cayden, Justice, and I remained. Justice was rambling as the movie played. Eventually, I stopped paying attention to the movie and gave her my full attention. She kept going on about how her boyfriend was an asshole and he did not deserve someone like her, and I chuckled. Before I could tell her anything I looked down when I felt warm fluid on my shirt. Cayden had thrown up on it. 

I got up to change him because he had a little bit of throw-up on his clothes as well. Justice followed me to my room. It was late. It was time for me to get ready to go to bed and if I was being honest I wasn't opposed to Justice spending the night, we were having such a good conversation.