***

I'm walking through the hallways of the school on my way to the parking lot so that I can go home because after a day of tolerating people I'm tired and ready to be alone for the next hour or two.

'Elena! Wait up!' I turn around waiting for a jogging Stiles to catch up with me.

'What do you want?' I ask as we begin walking.

'Ouch not even a Hello?' He asks jokingly.

'Scott and I'm heading to the woods to search for his inhaler, want to come along?' Stiles asks.

'Tempting but no thanks.' I say.

'Come on please he's also showing me where the other half of the body is that he found last night!' Stiles says and this catches my interest, yes I've already examined the body but this will give me a chance to see whether this Scotty boy was bitten or not.

'Fine.' I say.

'Great!' Stiles beams and heads off.

***

I park my car next to a blue jeep in front of the preserve entrance and I get  out of my car to see Stiles and that shaggy haired boy waiting for me. I walk up to them after locking my car.

'Scott this is my cousin Elena Stark, Elena this is my best friend Scott McCall.' Stiles introduces us and Scott stretches out his hand but I don't shake it.

'Shall we?' I ask and we start walking through the woods.

'So Scott, your skills in tryouts were quite....impressive.' I comment trying to investigate further whether or not he has any other inhuman abilities since last night.

'I don't know what it was. It was like I had all the time in the world to catch the ball.' Scott says as we leap over a small stream and I watch him closely.

'And that's not the only thing, I can hear stuff I shouldn't be able to hear. Smell things.' Well there you have it three of the five symptoms of being a werewolf ticked of the list, should I even dare hope to be proven wrong.

'Smell things? Like what?' Stiles asks.

'Like the mint mojito gum in your pocket.' Scott says looking at Stiles.

'I don't have mint mojito-' Stiles cuts himself off when he pulls out a piece of gum from his pocket.

'So all this started with the bite?' Stiles asks and now they have my interest.

'What bite?' I ask looking between the two.

'Last night we came looking for the other half of the body, I got caught but Scott didn't. He dropped his inhaler, found the other half of the girls body and then he was attacked by some sort of animal and he got bitten. He says he heard a wolf howl but there hasn't been wolves here in over sixty years so.' Stiles quickly sums up an my last flickers of hope are smothered immediately.

'What if it's like an infection, like my body's flooding with adrenaline before I go into shock or something?' Scott asks.

'Well in that case what flowers do you want at your funeral?' I ask bluntly and Scott gives me a look whilst Stiles chuckles.

'You know what, I actually think I've heard of this. It's a specific kind of infection.' Stiles says and I notice that mischievous glint in his eyes. Scott stops walking and turns around looking at Stiles.

'Are you serious?' He asks.

'Yeah. Yeah I think it's called lycanthropy.' Stiles says and I roll my eyes, boy I want to see the look on his face when he realises his little joke is the actual probable truth.

'What's that? Is it bad?' Scott asks worriedly with slight panic in his voice.

'Absolutely it's the worst.' Stiles says continuing on with his joke.

'But only once a month.' Stiles adds on at Scott looks utterly confused.

'Once a month?' Scott asks frowning.

'On the night of the full moon.' Stiles says and then howls mockingly and I give him a look.

'I've heard tortured ducks sound better than that.' I say referring to his howl.

'When have you ever heard tortured ducks?' Stiles asks and I give him a mischievous wink and Stiles howls once again to annoy me and Scott pushes him playfully.

'Hey you're the one who heard a wolf howling.' Stiles says in defence.

'Hey there could be something seriously wrong with me.' Scott says.

'Probably but those problems most likely date back to years long before the bite.' I say and Stiles snorts.

'I'm serious.' Scott says.

'I know! You're a werewolf Arrr!' Stiles tries to make an imitation of a wolf.

'Don't look at me like that obviously I'm kidding.' Stiles says.

'But if you see me in shop class trying to melt all the silver I can find it's cause Friday is a full moon.' 

Oh crap.

[Edited]