Chapter Four

As the sun rose, the rest of the world began to stir. Birds began to chirp outside, a small dog yapped away in someone’s yard. Willow on the other hand was fast asleep, although it didn’t last very long. All of the bustle aroused her from her slumber. 

She snuggled farther under the warm sheets as the sun seeped through the apartment’s window. Willow squeezed her eyes shut as if it would block the incoming rays from interrupting her sleep.

At that moment, Willow concluded that nothing was better than sleeping in like this. Of course, not being stuck in the 80's with an unconscious Doctor while escaping some Time Lord hunters would be nice too. At this point, it all had become the new norm for her and she enjoyed it. Typically. However, sleeping in like a normal person was a relief for her. It was a nice break from running down corridors and avoiding different monsters’ jaws, all of which exhausted her and made her extremely sore.

A pair of hands slowly started massaging her shoulders and Willow sighed with relief. She hummed happily and made a mental note to get a massage way more often. 

Wait. 

Hands? Massage?

"Good morning," an all too familiar voice said. 

Willow's eyes flew open. She tried to sit up, but she clumsily flipped herself off of the bed. After crashing down on the ground, she immediately shot back up and faced the voice. 

"Doctor, what the hell?!"

The Doctor, who looked surprisingly human in a white T-shirt and boxers, sat on the edge of the bed where Willow had fallen. He smiled casually as if this was funny.

“Why’re you looking at me like that?” she cried.  

“Like how I always do? You're so weird sometimes." He shook his head. "And why're you still calling me Doctor? I thought we were finished with that last night," he winked and moved closer to her. 

Willow quickly sprinted to the other side of the room with a look of confusion written on her face.

"Oh hell no!" She shouted with her arms out in front of her. "Doctor, what the heck is going on?" 

The Doctor studied her for a moment before grinning again. "Is this some kind of roleplay thing or are you seriously not okay?" 

“Roleplay?!” She squeaked in a tight voice while shuddering. 

Her breath quickened as she realized that the Doctor was completely oblivious to his behavior. It must have had to do with ‘becoming human,’ according to his words.

“Look, I'm sorry if something's going on with you. It was just last night was-"

"Ain't nothin' happened last night, boy!" Willow pressed her temples before grabbing her sweatshirt and pulling it over her head, covering her revealing tank top. “How long have you been in here?”

The Doctor shrugged and looked up, as if the answer was on the ceiling. “Around one,” he scratched his head. “I fell asleep on the couch, I think.”

“Fell asleep,” Willow repeated, raising her chin. “So you don’t remember a thing, do you?”

“Well,” he hinted before cocking his head to the side and curving his lips into a smug grin. 

Willow’s hand twitched with the urge to slap him after understanding his implication. She swallowed hard and turned on her heel, desperate to get out of whatever the hell was happening here.

"I'll just go make breakfast, okay?"

The Doctor rubbed his eyes. "Sure, yeah babe," he replied without any thought.