Russias Surprise Birthday Present (Short Story)

The picture is not mine.

Okay so this is kinda late but I thought it would be fun. Happy (late) Independence Day Russia!

Russia woke up later than usual which confused him. Usually, his siblings or boyfriend would wake him up at the crack of dawn with their yelling but the house was quiet.

He groaned, missing his boyfriend's presence. America had been gone for a few weeks for a trip with his family and had barely texted or called Russia, making the tall country needy and clingy. He pleaded every day for the American to come back only to be shot down with an "I'll be back soon" or "Don't worry babe".

The Russian sat up and grabbed his phone and looked at the date.

My birthday and the love of my life isn't even here to celebrate with me. He thought sadly.

"Well, there's no use in worrying. He will call eventually."

Russia went along with his day as he normally would. Brush his teeth, get dressed, get breakfast and vodka, do some Russian stuff, drink more vodka, etc.

He was in the middle of drinking some vodka when there's a knock at the door. Russia has a confused look on his face.

I didn't think anyone was supposed to come over today...

He shrugs and walks to the door and opens it. Suddenly a small stripped country jumps on him and embraces him in a hug.

"RUSKI!"

"Америка! I missed you!"

Russia picks America up and kisses him while America wraps his arms around his neck and his legs around his waist.

They pull away from the kiss and America smiles up at him.

"Happy Birthday babe~"

Russia blushes a bit making the American giggle.

"I got you a present!"

"You did?" He asked, slightly confused.

"Well duh! I wouldn't just forget about you. Now... Can we sit down please?"

"of course. Are you okay?"

"Yeah yeah I'm fine. My legs are just tired."

Russia shrugs and carries his boyfriend to a couch in the family room.

~Time skip because I'm running out of ideas~

Most of Russia's siblings were now in the family room with Russia and America all sitting on the floor or on couches and chairs. They had all given Russia their presents and he had opened them. They were simple things like a bottle of vodka, a new cookbook, a spare ushanka, etc. The only person to give him a present was America.

America hesitantly gave Russia the small box.

Russia noticed that America seemed nervous so he kissed his forehead seeming to lighten up the smaller country.

Russia smiled and opened the box. The contents of the box confused him. Baby clothes, bottles, binkies, and small toys. He looked at America expecting some sort of witty remark but instead found him hiding his face in his oversized hoodie. His siblings on the other hand had caught on to what was happening and had bright smiles on their faces or were shocked.

Russia continued going through the box until he found an envelope. He opened it and read the letter out loud.

"We did it. Number three is on their way..." Russia's eyes widen and he continues reading.

"Happy birthday, from Америка and... Jr..." Russia just stares at the note not knowing how to respond.

America glances up at him with tears in his eyes. Mostly from nervousness but also from joy.

Ukraine stands up and signals for the others to leave the room as well and give the couple some time.

The other countries leave the room leaving America and Russia alone on the couch.

There is an uncomfortable silence between the two for a minute before Russia speaks up.

"Is this another one of your pranks Америка?"

"N-no. I-I'm sorry. I c-can just leave if you want..."

Russia embraces America in a hug and pulls him into his lap.

"Why would I want you to leave?"

"I-I thought you w-wouldn't accept me and the baby..." He replies through tears

"Oh, Америка I would never reject you. And I especially would not reject our child."

The smaller country just cried into his boyfriend. Eventually, he calmed down and was able to look up at Russia. Russia smiled down at him and put his hand on America's cheek.

"Do we know the gender yet?"

America shook his head.

" I kinda wanted it to be a surprise."

America yawned a bit which caused Russia to chuckle. He picked America up bridal style and brought him up to his room. America curled up on the bed and hugged a pillow. Russia slid into bed next to him and pulled a blanket over both of them, pulling America close to him. The small country turned around and hugged the taller one, nuzzling his face in the crook of his neck.

"Good night my Америка."

"night night Ruski..."

And with that, the two countries fell asleep.

REEEEEEEE!!!! I wrote a semi-successful fluff for the first time ever!! I hope you guys liked this little story. UwU