chapter eighteen // fangirling.

Harry's POV

The lads and I finish getting ready after our sound-check. It's formal enough that we have to have a stylist here to make us look presentable. We each wear a nice dress shirt with dress pants. I add a bow tie and suspenders, just to add my own flair to it. I can overhear Louis arguing with one of the stylists who says she can't wear his Toms with his outfit. Liam rolls his eyes as he tightens his plain black tie.

Nerves start to kick in; as they always do at this part of the preparation part of our job. We've been working our butts off with these songs with the intention that they'll make it on the album, but if Simon and the rest of management doesn't like them, then these songs will never see the day of light. I feel even more nervous since I've had a major role in writing each of them.

"Simon says we're supposed to go greet our dates and pose for a few photos beforehand," Zayn tells us, entering the dressing room.

I had called Olivia this morning, just to check in on her. She's never been to anything like this before and I don't want her to be too nervous. She always says she's not intimidated by my job, but I can see it in her eyes that she's not that much of a fan of it all. She puts up a good attitude for my sake.

I try to escape the claws of the stylist, but she still manages to put powder on my face and add more hairspray to my curly locks. I rescue Niall from his stylist, grabbing him by the wrist and practically tearing him away from her.

We all head down the hidden hallways and out the front door, where we see one giant limo waiting for us. Several photographers are waiting there, already snapping photos. Simon obviously only invited a few select media members to take a few photos because it's actually civilized. It isn't absolute madness.

Juliet is the first to get out of the limo. She looks nice in her tight red dress that hugs her body rather nicely. She smiles as Louis takes her hand and poses for a few pictures. Louis had told me that they have been constantly fighting lately. Ever since that night that the girls went out, they've been at it, he told me. I can see the forced grin on his face, not quite reaching his eyes. I can't help but to feel a bit happy about the fact that they're fighting. Juliet's always causing trouble.

As Louis and Juliet head inside, Summer heads out of the limo. She looks amazing in her skin-tight silver dress. She's definitely got the curves to pull it off. Zayn can barely keep his hands off of her. As he poses for pictures, he can't stop touching her and smiling at her. Niall and I watch him and laugh. Zayn's always been more into Summer than the other way around. Summer loves being oogled over, she always has been like that. But that doesn't change my opinion on her; she's still a lovely girl.

Zayn keeps his arm around Summer's waist as they enter the building. My eyes go back as Rosalie exits the limo. She wears a flowy light blue gown. It has lace on the chest of the dress. It makes her look so classic and pretty. If Rosalie could be a dress, that would be her. Liam looks like he's the happiest guy in the world as he poses with her. They look like the modern-day Cinderella and Prince Charming. They are so cute sometimes it makes me sick.

Liam and Rosalie leave Niall and I to wait for the next girl to exit the limo. At first all we see is a bare, slender leg come out of the limo, neither of us were expecting that. Then out comes Alicia - the last person I expected to own that leg - dressed in a very bold black dress. There's a slit running up the side of the dress, revealing her leg. Niall's jaw drops and he lets out a few excited swear words under his breath. I laugh as Niall wears a completely stunned expression on his face, even I'm taken by surprise. He looks like a kid on Christmas morning!

I'm left all by myself as Niall and Alicia enter the building. I wait patiently for Olivia to exit the limo. I'm curious as to what she'll be wearing as well. I've seen her dressed up to go out clubbing, but I haven't-