chapter eleven // big steps.

Olivia's POV

Tea had left halfway through the day, after I promise an entire day devoted to just her in the very future. I feel bad that yet again, Harry occupies my time.

I still am unsure whether Tea likes Harry. I very well couldn't just ask her right in front of him. The entire day I would catch her studying him carefully as if she were suspicious. I make a mental note to call her the minute I'm alone.

I pause the movie we're watching - Bridesmaids, one of my favorites of all time - after realizing that Harry's been in the kitchen an awfully long time.

"Harry!" I call out, "You're going to miss the best part," I warn him, sitting up on the couch.

I get up on my knees, resting my elbows on the back of the couch, trying to glance into the kitchen, where Harry's been doing some cooking for nearly a half hour.

"Nearly finished!" He calls back out. I can tell he's smiling just by the tone of his voice. Uh-oh. What's he doing in there?

Skeptical, I plop back down on the couch. Gratitude fills my chest with joy. I'm lucky to have a guy like Harry. I can't recall ever there a time when I was sad and Tate had stayed with me until I was happy again. He never just cuddled with me on a couch as we watched my favorite movies.

I had turned my phone off and put my laptop away in my bedroom, not wanting to be bothered by what other people thought of me. I just need this day off, I'm not giving up on those sites forever. That would mean that they won.

If One Direction ever split up, Harry would be a fantastic life coach.

"Olivia, come here!" Harry shouts frantically.

My heart speeds up in surprise. Is he burning the kitchen down? Is he hurt? How did I know that he was up to no good?

I hop off the couch and sprint towards the kitchen. I stop in confusion once I walk through the threshold. The lights are off and candles are burning all around the kitchen, creating a dim light everywhere.

"Harry?" I call out for the missing boy, who is nowhere to be found.

Suddenly coming from the doorway behind me I hear a guitar strumming. I whip around to see Harry holding a guitar and flashing me his famous cheeky smile. He looks unbelievable in the dim lights, I can't even suppress my own smile from my own face.

"What are you - " I start to ask, but he starts to play the guitar, after giving me a wink.

He walks closer to me, closing his eyes and strumming on the guitar with much feeling. What in the world?

"There's something in your eyes,"

My jaw slightly drops when he starts to sing quietly. My breath is literally sucked straight from my lungs.

"Is everything alright?
You look up to the sky,
You long for something more,
Darling.
"

He opens his eyes to look directly into mine. I have to hold onto my kitchen counter to avoid fainting  right here and now.

Has he written a song about me?

"Give me your right hand,
I think I understand.
Follow me and you will never have to wish again.
"

Tears start to well up in my eyes and my trembling hands cover my mouth.

"I know that after tonight,
You don't have to look up at the stars,
No, no, no, no,
I know by the end of tonight,
You don't have to look up at the stars.
And I know if the love is alright,
You don't have to look up at the stars.
No, no, no, no,
I know by the end of tonight,
You don't have to look up at the stars."