chapter thirty // distractions.

Olivia's POV

"Then I will take the chain from off the door,"

I sing the same chorus for the millionth time as Stuart makes me redo my part again. I've got to give Harry credit for doing this so often. I'm exhausted already.

Tea and I have been in and out of the studio for the past week. Stuart wasn't joking when he said that he wanted to get us ready as soon as possible. We've been recording every song we've written and we're not even half way through our EP.

Ed's popped in every once in awhile when he's free. Everytime he comes in, I always get extremely flustered and I mess up. It's incredibly difficult to make up an excuse as to why you keep forgetting your own lyrics that you wrote.

"Alright, you guys can take a little break. I can tell you're tired," Luke, one of our editing guys, tells us. I resist the urge to break out into a dance number as I collapse on the floor of the sound booth.

Luke and Stuart head out of the booth for their own break as Tea plops down on the couch in the studio.

Whenever I'm in the studio, I can't help but to remember when Harry snuck me away from the party to bring me to his studio. That had to be one of my favorite days ever. I've been having a lot of favorite days lately.

I'm certainly not complaining.

Granted I've had some lows as well. I'm still staying at Tea's for the time being. My parents haven't even made an effort to call and apologize. They could care less if I was there. They're probably taking up the opportunity to use my room as another office for their business. I definitely wouldn't be surprised.

Though I know I'll have to face them eventually. I'll have to tell them that college is going to have to be put on pause for a little bit until after we're done touring. I know that information alone will send them digging their own graves. As successful business owners, I'm sure the even thought of their daughter not getting a college education is a sin.

I was there when Tea told her parents. They were disappointed, you could tell, but they've always been the cool kind of parents that let their child do anything that they have their hearts set on. Tea's mom - Dawn - is probably one of the raddest ladies I've ever met. She supports Tea in anything. She took Tea to all the hardcore rock concerts when she was growing up. She bought Tea her first guitar.

I hope Tea knows just how lucky she is to have parents that see passion and lets their child go after it. If I ever have kids one day - Lord, help them - I'd definitely be like that. Just because you created this human being, doesn't mean you have to control it.

"Did you hear Stuart asking me if we had any ideas for our stage set?" Tea pulls me from my own troubling thoughts.

"You told him 'Magic Mike' set, right?" I smirk, slipping off my shoes and lounging out on the couch as well, laying my legs across Tea's lap.

"Obviously. I said, 'Please, give us all the shirtless men in the world. We want full-frontal nudity. The more shwongs, the better'," Tea plays along, giving me a smirk right back.

This is usually what happens when Tea and I try to discuss business. Stuart has been understanding of our lack of performing knowledge. He walks us through many things, but the hardest part is trying to be actually serious. I can tell our immaturity is starting to take a toll on him.

"No but really, I have no clue. I was thinking more or less just us on stage with stools," Tea shrugs, sounding too tired to keep the joke going.

I nod; not really sure what a set stage should be like. All I need when I perform is my guitar. I don't need flashy lights or screens or props. If I had all of that stuff, I'd probably make a bigger idiot of myself.