Arc 4.18

Soon Christmas eve arrived, Shi Shen was surprised to see that Gao Chen actually asked him out.

At the moment, Shi Shen wore a facemask, a cap, and put on a red scarf around his neck, his entire face almost covered.

Gao Chen on the other hand, simply put on a black winter coat on top of his casual clothes as he made his way to him.

‘’Sorry to keep you waiting.’’

Shi Shen with both hands in his coat’s pockets muffled an answer,’’Nevermind. Where are we going?’’

Gao Chen gave a mysterious smile to which Shi Shen couldn’t help but raise an eyebrow.

After seeing the familiar views, Shi Shen was hit with a huge wave of déjà vu.

…Just how much does he like the amusement park?

Gao Chen on the other hand proudly said,’’Don’t worry, I rent the whole place so play to your heart content.’’

Hearing this, Shi Shen almost denounced him of wasting money on this kind of worthless thing.

Gao Chen didn’t know what the other was thinking, the reason he brought him here was simple.

Due to his situation, Ye Xie was forced to be matured so he didn’t get to enjoy this kind of thing when he was still a student so Gao Chen just wanted him to experience this before he became even busier in the future.

With this thought in mind, Gao Chen put his hand around the other’s shoulders and dragged him inside.

Shi Shen was a bit shocked. Glancing at his hand on his shoulder, he gave a helpless smile.

Looks like I was wrong.

Since no one was around, Shi Shen took off his mask and cap then along with Gao Chen, they tried almost every attraction and took a lot of pictures.

Suddenly, Shi Shen was reminded of when he was with Nian Qichen so he had a smile on his face the whole day as he went along with Gao Chen's whim.

As the sky darkened Gao Chen glanced at his wristwatch then dragged the young man to the Ferris Wheel.

Staring down at the night scenery and feeling the cool breeze, Shi Shen felt that doing this kind of childish thing was not that bad after all.

‘’Do you have fun?’’

Shi Shen turned to look at the man opposite him then lightly nodded his head,’’Not bad.’’

He wanted to say some more when a loud explosion was heard attracting his attention.

The once dark boundless sky was currently filled with colorful fireworks exploding in the air.

As they were currently riding the Ferris wheel, it felt particularly different from when they watched the firework display on the ground.

Shi Shen finally realized why the man kept glancing at his wristwatch. The corner of his lips involuntarily curved upward, he turned his head wanting to praise him when in the next second, a pair of soft lips touched his lips.

Shi Shen instantly went still.

Gao Chen only planted a light kiss so after a short while he pulled himself back, knelt down on one knee in front of him, and gathered his hands into his own,’’Ye Xie, I want to pursue you. After thinking hard, I can't bear being your friend for the rest of my life. You don’t need to feel pressure in giving me an answer, just give me a chance to chase you.’’

After much consideration, Gao Chen decided that he couldn't stand being a coward and gave up before even trying.

It was hard finding someone he likes so he needs to persist and hold on to that person.