Arc 3.11

"He Tian?"

Shi Shen felt that something was not right when the other side didn't respond back to him.

Did something happen?

However, even if he found that something was amiss, he couldn't do anything besides rushing up to finish his quests.

On this fine day that Artemis needed to report back to the palace, Shi Shen finally had time to meet with the female lead.

"Sorry, Arte was not in a good mood that day."

Ella hurriedly waved her hand,"No, I'm already used to him being like that. I am only worried that you are having a hard time since you got close to me and he got angry with you."

Shi Shen gave her a reassuring smile,"It has nothing to do with you. Anyway, do you have time today?"

Hearing this, Ella unconsciously nodded her head since she too wanted to spend more time with him. But when she realized that she might come off as eager, she hurriedly found an excuse,"Today is self-study."

Like he didn't notice her dilemma, he lightly chuckled,"How about going to the market with me?"

Ella widened her eyes in shock. Normally, students couldn't get out of the Academy unless there were special circumstances but looking at how carefree the man was it seemed that he had a way to go out.

Without any hesitation, Ella agreed with him, therefore, after changing into casual clothes the two climbed the carriage arranged by the Academy and leisurely went out through the gate.

Seeing her surprised face, Shi Shen leisurely explained,’’Researchers have special permission to go out so if you want to go out, just tell me I will help you.’’

Although Ella told herself not to read too much into his words, she couldn’t help but feel that the man’s attitude toward her was different from the rest to which she found herself being happy with that thought.

Ever since she was young, others always had a disapproving face whenever they saw her practicing the sword and learning more about a business matter.

She didn’t care about their thoughts since she would slap them in the face in the near future but inevitably a part of her wanted someone to appreciate her effort.

Ella secretly glanced up at the man in front of her who was currently reading a book.

This was the first time she saw him in another attire besides the Academy uniform. His clothes were rather simple and plain but they didn’t make him look like a commoner at all.

The white shirt blouses exposed a part of his visible collarbone, while the long black coat with the gold lining made his tall stature looked cool and elegant paired with the black pants and black boots, the man looked like a prince in disguise.

Unconsciously, Ella felt into a trance while staring at his focus expression so when that pair of long narrowed eyes suddenly glanced up at her, she was flustered and got her tongue-tied in finding an excuse,’’I-I…’’

Like finding that her flustered look was something funny, the man heartily laughed, his smile was so dazzled and his laughter sounded lovely just like a ringing bell causing Ella who rarely felt embarrassed to blush.

Wanting to divert the topic, Ella awkwardly cleared her throat then asked,’’Senior, why did you choose me to come with you? There are a lot of beautiful ladies wanting to be picked by you.’’

At this, she involuntarily glanced down at her crude dressing which was like that of a man and when she thought of other ladies wearing beautiful dresses, she suddenly regretted dressing like this.