Arc 4.17

Assistant Guan with a cup of hot coffee in his right hand and a notebook in his left hand entered the elevator in a good mood.

Just thinking about the huge bonus that he would get from yesterday's love consultant, Assistant Guan had a huge grin on his face.

As a man in his early thirties, Assistant Guan did not have many hobbies besides his work and traveling so at this time, he had already made a plan on what to do with his bonus.

After dropping by his office, he began to make his way to President Gao's office.

After knocking on the door twice, a low voice sounded,"Enter."

As a well-rounded Assistant that has been following President Gao ever since he took over the company, Assistant Guan faintly felt that something was wrong with his boss.

Nevertheless, he opened the door and stepped in. Upon seeing the gloomy air around the man, Assistant Gaun took a big deep breath before closing the door.

10 out of 10, this definitely has something to do with Ye Xie!

I just hope that I won't be implicated!

Adjusting his mood, Assistant Guan put down several documents on the deskwork,"These are important documents that you need to go through and sign by today."

Gap Chen absentmindedly replied,"Mm."

The gears in Assistant Guan rapidly turned then he tentatively spoke up,"Have you already gone through the lists of people that you will need to pay a visit this New Year Day?"

Once again, Gao Chen dazedly nodded his head.

"Do you have any plans for this year's New Year Day? Well, War will be airing one week before-"

At the sudden talk of this movie, Gao Chen's face suddenly turned black.

After seeing Ye Xie's reaction, Gao Chen had two possibilities.

One. He indeed forgot what happened that night since, after all, he was new to drinking alcohol.

Two. He was a good actor, to begin with, so fooling him with his superb acting was an easy matter to him.

Gao Chen would prefer being the first outcome but he felt like the second outcome was more likely to be the case…

If so, it would mean that Ye Xie rejected him but didn't want to make things awkward for him so he chose to thoroughly ignore him.

Therefore, here's the question. 

Should he advance or retreat?

Be a coward but can continue to stay by his side.

Or be brave but might possibly make that person disappear from his sight.

Gao Chen didn't know why these two outcomes instantly came to his mind upon thinking of the matter of confessing to him.

No ventured, no gained. He knew this well but when it came down to that person, he suddenly hesitated.

Meanwhile, on the other hand, Shi Shen was reviewing his new script which will be filmed next year.

This drama was adapted from a newly hit web novel so presumably speaking, he shouldn't reconsider taking this piece.

However, he knew the author of this novel.

It was none other than Gu Xiang who used to be DeviL's main dancer.

In the original plot, Gu Xiang became a scriptwriter in another two years from now on and his first published novel was 'The Forgotten Empress'