Arc 3.17

The moment the teleportation didn’t work, Artemis instantly changed to another coordinate and after reappeared he immediately utilized his Mana to speed up.

After traveling for a while, he finally stood in front of a visible light gray barrier which was the reason why the teleportation didn’t work.

This kind of barrier needed at least 4 high-level mages to destroy it but presently, Artemis had no time to find them.

Without any hesitation, he bit his index finger then using his blood as a medium he started to draw a complex Rune on the barrier. After the Rune was completed, he rested his right palm on top of it and immediately injected his Mana into the spell.

The area under his palm started to glow the more he injected his Mana and roughly 5 minutes later a crack started to appear on the barrier followed by an explosion loudly resounded throughout the forest.

Artemis’s hand visibly trembled as his face went completely bloodless, blood also tickled down from his pale lips onto his chin but he just expressionlessly wiped the blood away before starting to make his way inside.

He also tried to detect Shi Shen's location using his magic but to no avail, he couldn't sense him no matter what. It was just like the distance between him and the ring exceeded the maximum limit.

Artemis coughed up more blood due to his excessive use of magic but his speed didn't even slow down one bit. He hasn't taken the cure yet because he would need to take a few days to rest after consuming the potion so it was a reckless move to use magic continuously just like this.

However, he felt that if he were to slow down, he would regret it for his entire life.

At the same time that the explosion occurred, Shi Shen was in a deadlock with the Demon’s commander, Eru, the most troublesome enemy.

This Demon had long white hair with a pair of purple eyes and was a head taller than Shi Shen. Seeing that a mere human could last this long, the Demon commander sincerely praised,’’It was no wonder that those geezers insist on using you as a vessel, you are indeed worthy to be sacrificed for Atreyu.’’

No matter how strong Shi Shen was, after killing countless monsters then battled with 5 high-level Demons while also protecting the female lead, his Mana was almost depleted.

Nevertheless, he still stood strong and gave off a menacing aura that Eru didn't dare to look down on him.

Shi Shen dangerously narrowed his eyes as he coldly scoffed,’’Should I be honored for having a whole army of Demons come out to get me? Aren’t you afraid of failure?’’

After all, Eru was the only one left among the high-level Demons that came to get Shi Shen.

Eru chuckled,’’Everything is ready only waiting for you to be captured and we will make a comeback. So a little lost is nothing. I don’t believe that with this fanfare I couldn’t bring you back to the Demon land!’’

Done saying this, he immediately waved his hand and a huge bolt of lightning instantly went to strike Shi Shen or so he thought.

Eru, of course, didn’t want to kill his target so instead, he shot the lightning at the woman who was busy fighting with the monsters at the back. Shi Shen also figured this out so he immediately rushed to Ella blocking that attack for her.

Shi Shen muffled a painful grunt when he felt his back became scorching hot with tingling pain all over.

‘’Seth! Are you okay?!’’

Ella instantly went to catch him when he was about to stumble over but before she could catch him, the man had steadied himself and forced a smile,’’I’m okay.’’

Internally Shi Shen thought: This actually didn’t kill him.

He Tian had already told him that Artemis has arrived at the barrier and it was not long before he reached their location.

So he needed to hurry and died.

Thinking of this, Shi Shen quickly turned around to face Eru while taking a protective stance in front of Ella he spoke in a low voice,’’When I distract him, you teleport to the South. The barrier over there has already been broken.’’

Knowing that he wanted her to leave him behind, Ella quickly refused,’’No, we are going back together!’’

In return, Shi Shen went silent for a bit before helplessly said,"Don't look down on me, I can still hold on. Also just in case, I will tell you this, I li—"

He was about to confess when Eru who got annoyed from being ignored suddenly threw another attack to which Shi Shen timely blocked it with his sword.

Shi Shen was really itchy to kill this fly off but he was the only strongest Demon here so it was only right for him to get killed by this guy.

Shi Shen didn't want to kill him while Eru also didn't dare to hurt him either, so for a while, they were in a stalemate.