C H A P T E R E I G H T E E N

Start from the beginning

"I'll be right out here." Melissa said behind me and I nodded.

I could feel the nerves building up as I pushed the door and walked in, instantly hearing the rhythmic beeping and seeing the pile of flowers, balloons, teddy bears. Then, I saw her. My hand shot up to my mouth subconsciously when I saw her in that bed, motionless. Now it was real.. it was all real.

"Baby.." I cried and walked forward, eyeing the tube in her mouth and all the wires wrapping her like a python. She shouldn't be in this position, she didn't deserve this shit. My legs felt like weights the entire way to her bed. I grabbed her hand and felt the cold chill, followed by the feeling of her not grabbing me back. "You were suppose to be trying to hold me right now, why are you.." My words died in my throat.

I ran my eyes on her face, it looked more pale than usual as she just laid there, not moving. "Y/n," I wiped my face and tried to compose myself. "I need you to wake up, okay? You gotta wake up because we have shows to do. You have a b-brand to build. We've got so much to do." I brushed a stray hair behind her ear before cupping her face, my thumb raising and running over her dry lips. "We got cities to see, pictures to take, dates to go on- so many more kisses to have."

I swallowed thickly, feeling my hand shaking as I trailed it over her face. "So you need to pull through and wake up. You need to. You need to wake up Y/n." I stared at her eyelids, wanting them to just fucking open already. Why wasn't she waking up? "Baby please just.. just wake up." I stood up and felt my sadness turn to frustration, watching her just lay there. "Y/n just-" I dropped my head onto her chest to listen to her heartbeat and desperately wanted her to raise her hand and play with my hair like she usually did. She didn't. That killed me. "Ugh fuck!" I found myself calling out loudly like it would help anything. I just couldn't take it anymore.

"Rob, come on." My fingers gripped the gown on her body as Melissa grabbed my shoulders gently. "We have to-" Her words were cut short when a loud beeping sounded around the room but this one.. it wasn't rhythmic. It was long and sad and alerting.

"Excuse me, you have to step back ma'am." I heard a doctor say and it was then that I realized I didn't feel the thumping under my head. No.. Melissa pulled me away and I watched, frozen as a team of nurses ripped her gown open and started to hold something to her mouth. "Clear!" All hands raised before body jolted up from the shock of the paddles." Nothing. "Oxygen." They put the thing back to her mouth and that was all I saw before I was forced out, faintly hearing another 'Clear'

I dropped back against the wall and looked up, my eyes on the white florescent lights that flickered slightly. I just hoped.. and I prayed she didn't walk into that light. Please..

Y/n's POV

I sat on the swing set, smiling as the little girl came running out from behind the bushes again. She was back. "Hi!" She said cheerfully before jumping on her little legs in front of me. She couldn't be more than maybe.. one? Two?

"Do you want to swing?" I asked and she nodded but when I went to stand up, she raised her arms to me instead. "Okay.." I chuckled and lifted her up before resting her on my lap, swinging us slowly. "So, can I know your name now?" I asked the little girl who I only saw every now and then.

"I don't have one yet." She said fluently although she was small as hell. "You can give me a name." I hummed and looked over her doe eyes and dark curls.

"How about.." I looked down and saw the purple circular flower held between her fingers. "How about Dahlia? You like those flowers?" Her head nodded cutely and I chuckled, pushing her hair out of her face. "You know what this flower stands for?" I said as I picked it up from her hands and she hummed. "Grace and Dignity."