Chapter 12

Qwens POV

Last night was the longest night of my life, or so it felt. A part of me really wants her to meet us today but a big part of me knows that she probably will not, it's a big ask for someone to just up and leave at a moment's notice and leave all they have known to go somewhere so different and to face your past at that. Sharni and Con do not sleep much anyway so they know I did not sleep as much as I usually do, they look worried and jumpy.

"Are you both feeling the same as me?" I wonder tothemas we pack up and leave the little motel we had been staying in.

"What, that we secretly hope she meets us?" Sharni asks me, she looks too wary to hope that this will happen.

"Yeah, a part of me really wants to take her home, and take her to her parents but a part of me understands that it's not so easy!" I answer.

"Say she does meet us and we get her there for the celebration day, how are we going to reveal her to them? Or even get her there before others recognize her?" Con wonders aloud. "As the guards will recognise her the way we did and word will spread fast if it's anything like our veil!"

"She can use my cape!" Sharni excitedly says, like she has figured out a puzzle."it will cover her whole body and all her face but her mouth and chin!"

"Cape?" I ask,as I have not seen it.

"Yea our dad gave us one each, in case the sun became bothersome to us. We have not had to use them!"Con said as he thought it over. "That could work, we could get her to the centre and decide how to get her to her parents then."

"This is a great idea, Con can you get the parchment out please?" I ask as we walk through the forest to the spot we said we would meet. "We need to warn my brother there will be four of us coming through the veil so he can warn the guards"

Handing over the parchment, I wrote about bringing the wolf we had found back with us and that he needs to warn the guards. Short and to the point, we put it back and settled and waited as we were a little early.

We were all on edge, not really knowing if we should feel disappointed or just understanding when it was past noon, we stayed till ten past and only with thoughts on the journey we had to travel did we start to leave, walking along the river we walked in silence when we heard her.

"Hey, hey guys!" Lalita shouted as she jogged up to us, carrying a large backpack in her hands to be able to comfortably catch up, Dressed in black jean shorts and a graphic t-shirt with some comic book characters on, I know this because Sharni has them type of shirts too and when i asked who they were she went into teacher mode, about something called Marvel vrs DC. wearing new balance black trainers she caught us quickly. "Sorry I am late, it was hard to leave my parents then even harder to tell my boss I would be gone for a week, so could not work my usual shifts!"

"You are really coming with us?" I ask in pure hope and excitement.

"Yep, my parents told me I should and they understood, so here I am!" Lita excitedly told me as I jumped on her in a hug.

"Whay hey!" Sharni shouted, she seemed just as happy as I am about this, and Con just stood there smiling at us.

"So I have brought a few things and some formal stuff, okay?" Lita asked, unsure of herself. "How far is the walk there, the celebrations on my birthday right?"

"That's okay, we can get you clothes or you can borrow mine when we get there. We are similar sizes, although you got more in some departments than me, not that I'm jealous!" I tell her laughing, we are the same body type, mostly she had slightly bigger hips than me and definitely is not a 36C like me. But we are the same height and waist etc. "we have two days to travel to get there and we should get there on the day itself. Should be there by midmorning hopefully!"

"That Long wow, ok I can walk that!" Lita said, determined.

"Oh and we thought so that your identity is not known straight away you can wear my cape when we get close and while we figure out how to present you to your birth parents?" Sharni piped up.

"Cape?" Lalita asked. "like what dracula wore?"

"no , no" laughing Con shook his head, his hair waving around his face. "It literally is a cape that has a hood but not so drab!"

"Yea, it's peridot green in colour and had a hood and sleeves and a front tie. It was my mother's when she was young apparently!" Sharni told Lita.

"Oh I can not take your family's cape, what if I damage it!" Lita said worried that she may damage a family heirloom.

"It's okay we need to use it and I think my Mother would love that you would use it!" Con explained.

"So it's settled, shall we get moving so we can make good time?" I tell them all, feeling the need to move on, they all nod and we start trekking on into the woods away from Briar Wolf Creek, I see Lita looking back and worry she will change her mind, but she surprises me as she catches up to me and grabs my hand and holds it. We used to do this as we explored when we were children, even if it was only exploring her attic. It was a comfort then and it is a comfort now and I feel my wolf purr as Litas wolf starts to purr. For the first time in years, the world seems to have light coming into it again.