Prologue

It was a warm summer's day, the lives of many changed, not unlike every other summer's day that year really. The world they all lived in was that of the supernatural, a world of its own that existed in the human world but very much separated, years before they went into hiding long before the humans ever remembered. But they remembered for most in this world where they hardly ever died or in some cases they didn't stay dead for long, with the witches, fairy, fae, vampires, shapeshifter, werewolves and many other species unnamed or spoke of, life was a balance and they lived well. This isn't saying that there weren't issues, disputes or fights, even a few wars in between the fractions of species, in this way they were very much like their human counterparts.

On this day the world of the supernatural was very much in their peak of peace time especially for the werewolves, but unknown to them was that there was a silent cancer in their number, small numbers that were not happy with the way the Alphas ruled and even worse feelings on the royals, the family of the original wolves. All descendents of the first weres that walked the human world long before, despite what they did for their species and what they gave to their people out of love. The royals were very loving to their people and believed that all their people loved them as they did them, on this day they learnt the truth of this cancer the hard way, the most painful way for them.

It all came to a head as the royal family, High Alpha Ebba and High Luna Alexandria took their children Prince Elijah and Princess Amalthea to the high fields near the waterfalls in their lands, which was near the human edge where the witches had many years ago placed a barrier to keep their worlds separate and safe from each other. This isn't saying that the supernaturals can not venture out but humans have no way to venture in.

It was Amalthea's 4th birthday today and she wanted a picnic on the high fields so she could play with her brother and lok over the edges at the waterfalls and rivers below. This was a place of peace for her, she felt calm here for some reason. For Elijah this was a lame place to come for a birthday in his seven year olds mind, he would rather be home with his best friend who only came once a year to see him and eat cake there he would even bring his little sister who would play with Amalthea, but for his sister Elijah was a softie, he had always took the job as older brother seriously and knew in his mind he always will.

On this day they laughed and played with glee and joy, the parents indulged their children in sweets, cake and all the foods that Amalthea loved. They gave their daughter a magic infused gold bracelet that had the nickname that Almalthea had come to adopt "Thea" and on the inside and her future wolf's name on the outside "Lalita" it was made so that it will never come off and will grow with her and always be with her. Elijah had used his money that he got for doing jobs around the home, more like castle, and brought his sister a cuddly toy in the shape of a little wolf, Amalthea loved it so much that since she had got both she had put the bracelet on and not let go of her little wolf she had named Puck after her brothers future wolf.

The day was perfect in the royals head and was looking forward to many more days like this in the future as a family, but this was not to be, because as the day waned the air turned sour to their sense and before the Alpha and Luna knew what was happening a large group of unknown wolves ran out of the nearby bushes and trees and ran at them with hate in their eyes, the small entourage of guards that they were made to bring with them fought with all their might and kept the wolves back but no one say the few that slipped silently around the fight and made their way towards the children. In their twisted minds they thought that if they took the children the royals would die out and leave them in charge. The children saw them coming and backed away and called out to their parents to save them in fear, but they were surrounded and could not get there before the wolves had made it to the children, the young Prince saw the fear in his sisters face and squared his small frame and yelled at the wolves to leave them alone or else, thinking in his young mind that this would work to protect his baby sister. As they got closer one bit down on the young Princes arm and they pulled the young boy out and tossed him towards the others fighting with the parents and guards, ignoring the others now this one wolve who had eyes filled with hate and dark thought on the young girl in front of him slinked slyly towards her, in her fear and panic Amalthea forgot where she was and got too close to the edge near the waterfalls, the wolf saw this and in fear of losing his new toy rushed forward but in doing so scared Amalthea so much she jumped back and with a scream and holding her Puck close fell over the edge.

Hearing the scream, the royals and guards fought harder and with fear and hate in their hearts they killed all but one wolf that attacked that day , he being selfish had run the minute the Child had fallen. Finding their son on the ground bleeding from a bite they looked for their daughter and asking him, but in his tears and sobs he could only point at the edge where he saw his Baby sister fall. Following their child's point both parents felt their hearts crack and with a cry Luna Alexandria ran for the edge only to be caught by her Alpha and hugged tight as they cried at the loss of their Little Girl.

Watching his parents Elijah felt all the blame he pushed on himself and sat there and cried his last tear ever, he would be changed just like everyone else in this species would be changed after this day. For the loving royals were gone, they hunted down the wolf that ran that day and killed any wolf who spoke against them from that day, they rid the world of the cancer that tried and succeeded if only by hurting their High Alphas.

The years after the royals retreated into their castle not to mingle or show love to their loyal subjects after that day. The Prince grew cold and hard, he will forever think he was the reason his baby Sister, his Amalthea, had died that day.

That fateful day down river past the veil, a couple of humans Lillian and Richie were on a walk up the river looking for a good place to sit and idle the day away together , fishing and swimming in the warm sun. they had recently got married and thought this was great. On a honeymoon they were there for two weeks , away from the bustle of the city.

The young woman was just looking around alone as her husband tried to set up the new fishing poles they had brought specifically for this trip, when she saw a small heap and blood running in the water, thinking something wild had been here she was going to walk back quickly and convince Richie to go back to the cabin for some honeymoon fun, until she heard a whimper that could only be described as coming from a child. With fear in her heart she rushed to the heap to see a little girl, only about 3 or 4 years old curled up around a toy dog. All cut up and unconscious, screaming for Richie she gently looke the child over and saw a Identity bracelet on her that read "Lalita". Cooing to the child as soon as Riche came and with shock in his eyes she told him to go get help, with all the muster he had, he ran straight to get help.

Lillian pushed the young girl's white blonde hair back and told little Lalita she would be there for her, with tears for the Child Lillian formed a bond for this broken soul.....