Chapter 8

"She's loved, Concrete Angel" I sing surely out to the audience and hear a wave of clapping and whistles, taking a bow and hoping off the stage I go back to the bar to get a much needed drink. When I sit on a bar stool Fred pops a Blue Moon Beer in front of me.

"Free of charge, buttercup!" Fred says as he goes back to serving everyone else, he is in his late 50s but he has always worked as the barkeep here, I think he will be here till the day he dies!

Sipping on my beer I feel the unsettled feeling in the pit of my stomach settle just as I see Qwen and Sharni walking over.

"Hey Guys where is Con?" I ask as they get to me.

"He needed to head to the little boys room!" Sharni answered, making me laugh.

"Definitely see you are siblings with him!"I laugh at her.

"Do you have siblings?" Qwen asks as she stands close to me.

"A single child, Parents always said I was as much trouble as they could handle. In truth I think adopting me as young as they are they just never thought to have more children!" I answered with a joke. "Have you got siblings?"

"Yea a big brother!" Qwen answered with a sparkle in her eyes, showing she really loved her brother.

"That's great, you miss him on your travels?" I ask as I see Con getting caught up by a couple of girls, making me giggle at the scared look in his eyes, Sharni looks where I am looking and laughs but goes to save him.

"Yes, we have always been close, even friends with his friends and was friends with his little sister!" Qwen answers, but seems to get low at the end.

"Why did he not come along with you?" I ask as I sip my beer "and was?"

"He is too busy with the family business to just up and leave. And yea she went missing fourteen years ago, she was four when we lost her!" Qwen answered looking deep in my eyes, a click went off in my head and a slight pain stabbed through. As I went to ask her more on this Sharni and Con returned, Sharni looking sharply at Qwen.

"We heard you sing, you are amazing!" Con gushed at me "you sing a lot?"

"Yea most every night they do a karaoke!" I answered but I know they were trying to distract me from what Qwen had said, but I can not see how they heard her over the noise in here. I go to ask her more about the disappearing girl who disappeared the same years ago that I did and the same age I was, it's too close to be a coincidence. Right?. But as I go to ask I get called back to the stage.

"I'm gonna be back quick ok!" I say to Qwen, looking deep in her eyes I see hope. As I walk towards the stage I use my enhanced hearing to hear Sharni talk to Qwen.

"What are you doing? Are we telling her tonight?" Sharni asks Qwen, tell me what? Do they think I'm the girl! I get up on stage and sing my song.

"Is there ever really a right time. You had led me to believe, someday you'd be there for me.

When the stars above aligned, when you weren't so consumed. I kept looking for the clues, so I waited in the shadows of my heart, and still the time was never right....."

I sang my heart out and put sorrow in my voice, as I left the stage I saw some ladies with tears in their eyes, that was one of my favourite songs it was so deep.

Walking back I see Qwen crying and shaking her head as she runs out the bar, looking at Sharni and Con I see them give me a sad look and follow her out. Getting to the bar I finish my beer with a deep glug as I go out to follow them out the bar with a wave to the karaoke guy to let him know to skip my songs.

Walking outside I see them off in a distance, but how did they get that far so fast? I decided to use my speed to catch up, they all turned to see me so I slowed down so as to not show too much. I see Qwen is crying still and both Sharni and Con have worried expressions on their faces.

"Qwen, What's wrong, did I say something or is that song sad for you?" I ask, as I feel a deep ache in me for her pain. I do not understand why I care so much about a girl I have just met. I did not even feel this bad when me and Raina fought.

"It's just too much, I can not keep it up!" Qwen sobbed out looking at me in pure sadness.

"Keep what up, are you guys leaving?" I ask and for some reason the thought of them leaving, of Qwen leaving my heart aches and my head hurt.

"We think it's best for now for us to move on!" Con Answers but at the same time I see that he does not think it is for the best.

As I watch them turn and walk away I feel myself crumbling on the inside, this is not right, I have never felt this close to anyone before and if I didn't know better I would think me and Qwen were in a relationship and we were breaking up. For Fucks sake we have only known each other 8 hours!

As I looked up they were farther away than they should be, did they run? As the wind blew my way, I smelt something new in it. My sense of smell is good but I usually ignore it as otherwise the smells overwhelm me, but I smell woods and pine which being as we live in the middle of a woods isn't shocking but what is, is that its mixed with a cherry smell. A cherry smell I smell coming from Qwen, and I now smell burnt charcoal and peat but again it's mixed with other smells I now recognise coming from Sharni and Con, it's confusing to me and my head hurts but something clicked in my head and before I thought it through I Said.

"You are supernatural!" I murmured, but even in the balmy night with the wind blowing my way they heard me and swiveled around and looked at me from the distance they walked. No one should be able to hear me that far away.

"Did she just say what I think she just said?" Con asked, looking at his sister, who was looking shocked with big round eyes. Qwen was wiping tears from her eyes as she looked me in the eyes.

"Yes, Yes I did.You can hear me, just as I can hear you!" I tried to put a brave sound in my voice.

"She Knows, has she remembered?!" Qwen wonders and looks at Sharni.

"She may not remember , she may just have figured it out a little after what you said sweetie!" Sharni pulled Qwen in for a hug.

"She can hear you, she has a name and she is waiting for you to come back, please!" I say to them in a soft but pleading voice.

They all looked at each other, and before I knew it they were in front of me, I hardly saw them move; they were that fast.

"You are all like me!" I exclaim, smiling.

"Ah no!" Con answered with a shake of his head, making me deflate from being happy that I may not be just a lonely freak werewolf. Looking at me and seeing my reaction he quickly went on. "We, being me and Sharni are Vampires, Qwen is a wolf like you!"

"Vampires!" I whisper looking at Sharni and Con and then at Qwen who was smiling at me now "and you are like me? I'm not alone?"

"Oh you were never really alone, you are a wolf like me. And there are many like us!" Qwen says as she holds my hand. Looking in her shiny eyes I can sense there is more to this, and remembering her saying about the friend that disappeared and her running out. I feel my heart jump as I put it all together.

"I am the one that disappeared?" I whisper knowing they can hear me but am too scared of the answer.

"Yes, you were my best friend, you are my best friend!" she says as she hugs me close and tight, the tightest hug i have ever felt. I hug her back as the ache in me goes. Tears are running down my face as I see Sharni and Con smiling at me and I bury my head in Qwens hair and breath in her smell that calms me. I am not alone anymore.