FIVE ~ TENDER TEACHER

╭━ ╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍ ♛ ⎈ ♛ ╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍ ━╮People were always afraid ofthe different or unknown╰━ ╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍ ♛ ⎈ ♛ ╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍ ━╯

People were always afraid of
the different or unknown
╰━ ╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍ ♛ ⎈ ♛ ╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍ ━╯

To say Eva's first night spent at Auradon had been eventful would be quite an understatement considering she had spent it with the VKs as they attempted to steal Fairy Godmother's magic wand from the Museum of Cultural History. Unfortunately, despite all the hard work that had been dedicated to finding the wand, sneaking past the guards and forcing themselves to pass the terrifying statues of their parents, the five teenagers had discovered it was protected by a magical barrier.

After seeing the lifelike statue, Eva was unsure whether it was comforting to know that the people of Auradon viewed her mother the same way she did instead of some evil mastermind to look up to. To add to the difficulty of their task, the barrier set off an alarm when touched and it was only due to Carlos' quick thinking that all five of them had managed to hurry back to their dorms without being caught and hauled back to the Isle.

Due to their first attempt being a complete disaster, the VKs were forced to attend classes the next day, starting with Remedial Goodness.

╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍ ♛ ⎈ ♛ ╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍

Hurrying through the shining corridors of Auradon Prep, Eva made an effort to ignore the whispers and stares that followed her frame as she walked alone to her fourth class of the day. After Remedial Goodness – a class that had consisted of only the VKs – they were forced to mingle with the 'good children' of the school as they attended classes on the regular curriculum. Upon arrival, they had been allowed to pick three classes of their choice to accompany the mandatory ones and a class schedule had been drawn up for each of them.

'Coincidentally', they were separated for the majority of their classes. Fairy Godmother must have deemed them to be more manageable if they were apart; divide and conquer. Whilst the boys hurried towards Gym together, the girls attended three different classes. Mal had a free period, Evie darted off to Science and Eva dragged her lone self towards Art.

Nerves settled in as she approached the colourful classroom and she began wringing her hands together at the prospect of being surrounded by people she didn't know and who had no desire to be nice to her. The moment she set foot over the threshold, she would be judged and isolated. Taking a deep breath and reminding herself of who she was (a fearsome princess), she pushed open the door and sat at a free desk at the back of the class. Back on the Isle, she was one of the most feared VKs. She refused to allow anyone to belittle her or make her feel less than she was – only her mother had the power to do that.

Immediately, heads swivelled to face her and eyes narrowed as she slid into her seat. However, an encouraging smile from the teacher had her back straightening slightly.