TWENTY ~ PETTY PIRATES

╭━ ╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍ ♛ ⎈ ♛ ╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍ ━╮I swear I will rip off your tentacles

I swear I will rip off
your tentacles.
╰━ ╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍ ♛ ⎈ ♛ ╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍ ━╯

Sunlight filtered in through the large kitchen windows, filling the open room with a cheerful feeling. Animated voices bounced off the white tiled walls, surrounding the VKs as they filtered into the room. Each of them threw something to Jay who placed them into the large wicker-basket on the kitchen island. Neatly packaged food littered the worktop, enough to feed more than the five VKs that were currently dashing about Evie's over-sized cottage. All of them were dressed in summer clothing, looking forward to taking advantage of the beautiful heat.

"Got the beach towels." Carlos said, marking a mental checklist in his head.

He was very meticulous about the events of the morning, planning each minute in vast detail. He was terrified of forgetting something, or of something going wrong. Jane's birthday had been at the forefront of his mind for the past month. It was their first birthday as a couple, and he was adamant everything had to be perfect.

An apple flew past Eva's face. She let out an ear-splitting shriek, ducking away from the poisonous object. Startled at the noise, Evie fumbled her way through an apology. Somehow, Eva found it hard to believe the sincerity of the apology, given that her sister was doubled at the waist from laughter.

"You're not funny." Eva deadpanned. "You could've killed me."

"I'm hilarious," she shot back before making a remark that sounded eerily like 'drama queen.'

Eva narrowed her eyes at her twin, but smiled when she noticed Evie stick another allergy shot in the picnic basket, tucking it safely away from the apples.

Lifting open the lid of the white box to check on the birthday cake he had commissioned, Carlos whined pitifully when he noticed a chunk was missing. Regardless of the irritating screech of Carlos' meltdown, the VKs were having a perfect morning. They so rarely got to spend time together as a whole outside of formal events, only catching sparse minutes together here and there. Being friends with the King had its downfalls sometimes. (But also its benefits. Eva was initially scheduled to be on duty but Ben had sweet talked Merida into letting her have the day off). All of them feared that Carlos might skin them if they missed Jane's birthday.

A flash of light momentarily blinded the group in the kitchen. When they recovered, they noticed the sky darkened for a brief moment. Thunder rattled the windows in their panes. Armed with the knowledge that Maleficent's sceptre was currently in the hands of an unknown villain, the VKs rushed outside. Spilling onto the patio, the Grimhilde twins, Jay and Carlos halted at the shocking sight of Audrey. The Queen of Auradon's crown perched atop her long locks, and she held the sceptre aloft in one hand. Before they could move to restrain her, the newly turned villain disappeared in a cloud of pink smoke.