Let's find Samantha

When Lucas and Karl were greeted with the long, waiting, silence in Samantha's room, they knew what it meant. Rushing out they were both stopped by Annabeth.

"Now, where are you guys going?" she asked folding her hands across her chest. Her eyes widened and she continued, "And where's your sister? Don't tell me she's still sleeping."

"Calm your wild horses, Wise girl!" said the 40-year-old rising from the couch, "You guys, let's have breakfast and we wanna hear all about yesterday. "

"Can't talk right now, spontaneous game, about who reaches our treehouse first," Lucas said running out of the house, with Karl catching up.

The couple stood smiling after them, completely unaware of the events which took place yesterday.

The two brothers reached the secret place where they found Samantha's letter. It read:

"I was restless last night and woke up from a nightmare, only to remember I was living it- a dull, dumb life. I terrified of it, to live a life without any thrill, any adventure. So I am leaving. I don't know if it's temporary or if it's permanent, but I think I will be able to find myself. So please let me go. Good bye. Love you all"

The guys were thunderstruck, they looked at each other, both speechless.

Lucas started walking all around the room when he saw something engraved on stone,
'Camp Half-blood'. That's when Lucas called Karl.

"Camp Half-blood?" Lucas asked, examining it.

"The place for a modern day Demi god to live in." Karl said, moving closer to the inscription.

"Yup, our childhood stories."

"So you think Samantha is out there, chasing after a fairy tale? A strawberry world?" Karl exclaimed.

"We are going after her," Lucas said, placing his hand on Karl's shoulder.

"But what about our supplies? A bag to carry all our stuff, water, a few bucks and-" He was stopped when he saw a knowing look in Lucas's eyes.

"We are not going back to the house, are we?"

Lucas shook his head.

Karl's world was shattered. He had never thought there would come a day, when he would go against his parents, let alone running away from home. He had always dreamt of a safe, happy life, away from the dangers and risks of the world. He now needed to make, what seemed like the biggest decision of his life, to walk away from a perfect dream, or to get his sister.

"So, will you come?"

"Of course I will. My mind though, how much powerful, can't think of a lie big enough to cover us both."

They searched the entire place and found weapons, blank scrolls, a weird honey like substance and duct tape.

They would have been quite shocked, by the fact that there are weapons in their house, but the emptiness they felt without their sister, was much over whelming than this.

Lucas picked up a bow and a few arrows, while Karl took a dagger as his choice of weapon. Along with all the other articles, they stuffed the weapons in their pockets as much as they could.

Finally leaving, Karl took one last look at their house, when his emotions got the best of him and tears started escaping the 11-year-olds eyes.

Siblings... you can neither live with them nor can you live without them.

In an hour or so, their parents became worried to death. Percy was out, trying to find the boys while Annabeth searched the entire house for Samantha. When they both failed their purpose, they couldn't meet each other's eyes.

Annabeth, horror-struck, sat on the ground, crying. "What do you think happened?" she said, her voice breaking.

Percy, comforting her, made her stand on her feet, "We will get through this together, like always."

He asked poor Annabeth to wait on the couch when he rushed to the basement. After a few minutes, Percy's voice came, "Pack your bags Annabeth. We are going on an adventure."
......................................................................

Hey! Author here.

Hope you liked this chapter.

Thanks for all the love and support. It really keeps me going.

Please vote and comment.

Special thanks to - Ambrose (lamelife7007) for editing the chapter.

P. S., I would love to hear which your favourite character from among the children is.