Jughead raised his eyebrows, this time from a pleasant surprise, and nodded his head. "Sure." Pop had offered him a few of those for the usual price when he came into the diner at 2 am, and besides the hungry truck-drivers was the only one there. Now, there were still a handful of customers left, and he knew some more would come soon. Plus, Pop had known him from ever since Jughead could remember, and he had only met Betty a bit more than a week ago.

She was a weird one, that girl.

Jughead watched the way she even ground the coffee beans by herself, looking peaceful with a small smile on her face while doing so. She breathed steadily, pouring it into a pitcher, and leaving it to rest while cleaning the rest up. She followed every instruction in her head, and when it was done, walked over to his table.

The feet he had been holding on it slid off of it immediately, respecting her a lot more now than before, and Betty seemed to be happy about that. "Thanks," Jughead murmured instead of just nodding like he usually did.

Betty was surprised but didn't chirp her usual you're welcome, either, smiling at him instead. Jughead almost groaned at the amazing taste of the coffee, letting his eyes follow the girl to other booths, asking other customers if she could serve them some homemade coffee, too. When asking what the price was, Betty shook her head, already pouring it out. "Don't worry about it," she said.

Jughead chocked on his coffee quietly, frowning in shock. Don't worry about it? He was getting this for free? What was she going to do? Pay for it herself?

Betty happily walked back to the counter, cleaned the last things up, and welcomed the new two customers with a smile on her face. It wasn't a quite real one, Jughead understood, and judging from the way they talked to each other, he was pretty certain they went to the same school.

"Tate, new order!" she called out, and Jughead briefly saw the exchange of the small piece of paper between the two teenagers. Betty was smiling to herself while making two strawberry milkshakes, humming some song quietly, and then after serving them, plating a piece of pie with some extensive sugar coating. She bit her lip while looking at it, tempting to eat it, but shook her head and stayed true to her plan, walking over to Jughead.

The guy's eyes looked lazy and were still lingering on her like she was sure they had for quite some days now. But, as Betty placed the blueberry pie in front of him and sat down on the other side of the booth, he pushed himself to sit up straighter, surprised she wanted to have anything to do with him.

"I didn't order a pie," he stated after a brief moment of hesitation, and Betty simply shrugged, knowing she had taken him by surprise.

"I gotta make a new load anyway, so might as well enjoy it before it dries up."

"Do those things even dry up?" he murmured, but already started shoveling the dessert into his mouth.

"Unfortunately, yes." Betty bit her lower lip in thought, rummaging the bravery in herself. When she finally found it in some weird part of her brain that she didn't even know existed, she looked down at her hands on the table before asking it. "What's your name?"

She looked up at the boy a few seconds later when he still hadn't answered her, and observed the way he ate, swallowing the bite he had been chewing on. "Jughead," he said.

A small smile appeared on the blonde's lips, making the boy hoist his eyebrows a bit. "What? Too weird for you?"

Betty wondered he was either a jerk for using a tone like that or just a guy protecting himself from getting hurt. "No," she said. "I actually like that. Jughead," she tried it out, the word easily rolling over her lips.