Think: Chapter Sixteen: Study Session Turned Toxic

Start from the beginning

You had to admit that sparring with Bakugo before finals was something that you'd contemplated. Strategically, Bakugo was superior to the majority of your classmates in combat. If you could just watch him move in a battle situation and practice it, you'd be a hand-to-hand force to be reckoned with. Forget the fact that he was a bad ass and a hot head. If you wanted to gain the skills you needed to fight, he would be the ultimate sparring partner. He used brute force, but it was always calculated.

Bakugo's own eyes widened in surprise. A smirk stretched over his lips.

"Absolutely not," Shoto cut in.

Your gaze turned on him. He looked uneasy and uncertain to say the least. You knew that Shoto didn't trust Bakugo. The two of them had been on thin ice since Bakugo had threatened you on the first day of school. You forgave Bakugo for that and since then he'd not only saved you from being killed by Dabi, but he'd been looking out for you.

"That's not really your decision to make," you muttered. "I think that getting to practice with different people could only benefit me so that I can pass the final exam."

Shoto visibly staggered. Guilt clenched your heart. Bakugo's smile widened, and he faced Shoto.

"You heard her, Icy Hot," he said.

Shoto's brow furrowed. He clenched one of his fists, forcing himself to mask the anger that was bubbling inside him.

"I don't like it either."

You spun to see the lanky teen, hovering near you with his hand already rubbing the back of his neck. His lavender eyes refused to meet your glare.

"I don't see why you'd need to train with Bakugo since you've been sparring with us for days now. Besides, I think you're pushing yourself too hard," Shinso said.

Bakugo clicked his tongue. The tension pulled between the three boys, making the air stifling. It irked you to argue with either of them, but you stood firm in thinking that it was best to spar with as many people as you could. Besides that, Midoriya hasn't even been able to work with Bakugo, and they were partners. You might be able to give him some pointers about how Bakugo works with others. Shinso had trained with you on using your quirk several times since you'd started prepping for the final exams. Quirk use was very different from physical training though, and even though Midoriya, Shinso, and Shoto were great fighters, sparring with someone else would only increase your base combat knowledge.

You puffed out your cheeks. "I'm not arguing about this. If Bakugo can train with me tomorrow, then I'm not going to deny his request." You adjusted the straps on your backpack, glancing back at the clock to make sure that you weren't going to be late to your own study session. Mr. Aizawa had cancelled your afternoon lecture due to final exams coming up, adding that he had other business to attend to. He did, however, give the four people who normally had to attend the class a worksheet to complete for Monday, going over what you'd learned.

Shinso shrugged. "I tried."

"The hell?" Bakugo hissed at him.

"If Think wants to spar with you, and I don't like it, that's on me," Shinso said. He leaned down a bit, getting closer to Bakugo. "But, if I even see a scratch on her after you train together, I'm going to make you wish you never asked her to spar."

"Shinso!" you scolded.

Bakugo stood there a bit stunned. His hand rose almost on reflex, and you could see his eye twitch in anger. "Is that a threat?" Bakugo asked.

"What do you think it was?" Shinso asked. He gave a smile that resembled Mr. Aizawa's, making you shiver.

After shaking off the surprise of Shinso's evil grin, you rolled your eyes, letting out a puff of air to push some hair out of your face. You were not going to be late for your study session for Ochaco. These alpha males could handle themselves. You marched toward the door, and you felt the air turn cold. You glanced to your side to see Shoto had fallen in to step with you, avoiding your eye-contact. You sighed, frowning.