C H A P T E R S E V E N T E E N

Start from the beginning

I heard footsteps, followed by rustling and a loud 'ow' from Melissa. "I told you stop answering my phone bitch." My girlfriend said in her usual biting tone. "Hi babe." Then it got sweet for me. "How was your flight? Your foot feel okay?"

"Yeah it's all good. A little sore but nothing I can't handle." I leaned back on the couch and yawned slightly. "Imma facetime you, alright? I wanna see your pretty ass."

"Nooo." She whined but I already pressed the button and she answered with a cover pulled up to her face, covering half of it. "I have no makeup, I just woke up." I gave her a look as she continued to hide from me like she ain't look good with or without her Fenty shit on.

"Robyn." I said, my head titling as her eyebrows scrunched together. "If you don't move that shit- you look good period." I saw the corners of her eyes get those little wrinkles which let me know she was smiling. "As much as I fucking love those gorgeous eyes of yours, I wanna see what that mouth do-"

"I hate you." She laughed out and finally pulled the cover down. I winked softly before leaning forward and resting my elbows on my knees, now looking down at my phone. "Why'd you have to leave?" I raised my eyebrows as she rolled onto her stomach with a frown. "Khaled just asked me to hop on a track with him and I wrote my whole verse... based on your ass."

"Hm? Lemme here something."

She reached over and grabbed her notebook from wherever it was, then flipping it over. "Let's see um.. ooh okay, I think this was good." She cleared her throat and started to sing softly, "I hope you know I'm for the takin'. You know this cookie's for the baking. Kitty, kitty, baby give that thing some rest, 'cause you done beat it like the '68 Jets." I smirked and nodded in agreement. I liked that line. "..Just keep it white and black as if I'm ya sista, I'm too hip to hop around town out here with ya." I didn't like that line.

"Hang on. Hang on." She raised her eyes back to the screen, amusement dancing in them. "Hell you mean you too hip- you too hip to hop around town with me? I'm over here tryna be your bunny and shit." Her head dropped, another laugh racking her body. "You better be on your energizer shit with me girl."

"Okay wait." Her laughed died slowly as she wiped the tears from her eyes. "I only wrote that 'cause it sounded good okay? You know you're my gray area babe."

"Nah nah nah." I said while waving my hand. "Miss me with that. You out here running game on me huh? I see you Fenty." She smacked her lips and pouted cutely. "I was only planning on staying out here for two days.. might make it a week with that bull."

"Baaabe," She whined again and shook her head before staring right at the camera, making it feel like she was here in person. Here we go... "Don't do that to me daddy." I tried this time y'all. I really tried but even thousands of goddamn miles away, she still had that power.

I huffed and looked away from the phone. "Yeah whatever." I mumbled but to her it was probably like a 'Two days it is. Sincerely, your bitch.'

"Dante isn't getting y'all into trouble right?" She asked with raised eyebrows. "No clubs?"

"Nah, probably just chill out, maybe check out his stadium. Nothing crazy." I said, just as I saw Dante walking down the stairs with.. two bottles of Hennessy. And not the little shit. "Oh goodness." I said and tried to get his attention without alerting Robyn. But, like always, his head was down and he just talked..

"Lemme tell you bro, we are about to get fucked up. It's gon be like your bachelor party before the bachelor party tonight. Gotta send you off into cuffedville the right way since I heard y'all dropping 'I love yous' and shit." I dropped my phone on the couch and slid to the floor dramatically, my hands covering my face. Out of everything.. everything in the world he could have said. "What you doing on the floor?"