𝟐𝟖 | 𝐯𝐚𝐦𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐚𝐤𝐞

Start from the beginning

Making her way downstairs, she avoided the blood on the rug and the two bleeding bodies while seeing where the chattering was coming from. She was shocked to see the Stefan was behind the bleeding girls in the hallway. Damon joined her in the living room, also disgusted with Stefan who was playing a game of twister where he got to drink the blood of the girls he had compelled.

"Hey, the two brunettes on the staircase owe me a Persian rug." Damon told his brother, scowling at the mess.

"You mean, they owe us a Persian rug? It's my house, too, brother." Stefan scoffed, correcting Damon while wiping the blood around his mouth away.

"Ooh! Would you like a spin?" He asked Damon, holding the spinner for the Twister game up.

"So this is what Klaus had in mind when he compelled you to protect Elena and Adelaide?" Adelaide frowned confused. She didn't know Klaus had compelled Stefan to protect her and her sister.

"These ladies are helping me be all that I can be." Stefan chuckled, lounging on the couch.

"You're disgusting." Adelaide told the younger Salvatore as they all heard a violet knock on the door. Damon went to open it, revealing a certain blonde original who made her way into the house, bags in her hands.

"Where's Stefan and Adelaide?"

"Who the hell are you?" Damon asked, closing the door behind her. Rebekah ignored him however.

"He left me here. My brother actually left me here." Adelaide felt slightly guilty that Klaus had told her goodbye but left Rebekah without even a text message or phone call.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Your tone implies that I'm actually supposed to care." Stefan drawled.

"You're Klaus's sister?" Damon asked from behind the blonde vampire.

"Rebekah. Pleasure, I'm sure." Adelaide laughed a little, crossing her arms over her chest as Rebekah flashed Damon a grin. "Which one's my room?" She turned back to Stefan.

"You're not staying here." Stefan told her while chuckling and shaking his head.

"Rude. Both of you." She looked between the two brothers. "I'll see to it myself." Adelaide smiled at Rebekah as the blonde past her to go up the stairs.

"So I guess she's staying here." Stefan shrugged while Damon rolled his eyes and went back into the kitchen.

"I'll go take her to a spare room." Adelaide made her way back upstairs to help Rebekah find the spare room she could sleep in.

"Okay, these pancakes better be good." She said, walking into he kitchen as she sat herself down at the island table in the middle of the room.

"These pancakes will be the best pancakes you will ever taste." Damon informed her, flipping the pancake in the pan. Music was playing in the background, Shake It Off by Taylor Swift, which made her laugh a little at his choice of music.

"Taylor Swift? Really?" She picked at the bowl of blueberries in front of her, while Damon swatted her hand away using the tea towel which he had slung over his shoulder.

"What?" She rolled her eyes at her best friend while smiling at him. "So... you and Klaus? Care to inform me what happened last night?" Damon brought up. Adelaide took a deep breath in, her smile dropping.

"Not really. But you're going to keep pestering me if I don't tell you." She acknowledged while he hummed in agreement.

"You would be correct." He nodded, grinning up at her while she rolled her eyes again.

"Look... we - just - he's different when he's with me." She shrugged, not knowing how to explain what she had with Klaus when she didn't really have anything with him at the same time.
"Is that so?" Damon raised an eyebrow, his voice rising.

"She's right, you know." They both turned around to see Rebekah, standing in the doorway.

"Hey, Bekah." Adelaide greeted the blonde, who was dressed for her first day at Mystic Falls High School.
"Good morning, Adelaide. Anyway, I was saying - my brother wouldn't dare let Adelaide get hurt. He cares for her. And he hasn't cared for anyone since he was human." She said it almost with a bitter tone.

"That's not true. He cares about you Rebekah." Adelaide sent the blonde a small smile.

"Maybe so, but he has a hard way of showing it. I mean the asshole leaves me here to live with the two Salvatore dogs." Adelaide tried to hide her laugh as Damon frowned at Rebekah, his arms spread apart.
"You don't have to stay here you know, we're not a hotel." He told her, gaping at Adelaide who was trying but failing to laugh silently.

"Where else would I stay?" Rebekah asked him sarcastically, as she made her way over to the island table, taking a seat beside Adelaide. Damon handed Adelaide a plate with a pile of pancakes on it, and on the top pancake he had made a face out of blueberries and then used whipped cream to put two vampire fangs onto the pancake face. She laughed, a bright smile lightening up on her face as Damon smirked at her.

"Try it then." She picked her knife and fork up, cutting a piece off as she tried it. He had baked blueberries and syrup into the pancake itself and she had to admit it was the best pancake she had ever had.

"You were right." Her comment only made Damon's victory smirk grow along with his ego.
"Want some Barbie Klaus?" Damon winked at Rebekah while she looked disgusted.

"Go on then, what are they?" Adelaide turned to look at the blonde with wide eyes.
"You've never had a pancake?" She gaped at her.

"I've been in a box for ninety years love, ring a bell." Adelaide scrunched her nose up, having forgot for a moment.

"Sorry." She shrugged. "But still - they didn't have pancakes a hundred years ago?" Damon shook his head along with Rebekah.

"Nope."
"Then how did people survive the day without having a nice breakfast. Don't tell me you had toast for breakfast." She faked a gagging noise, as if she was being sick. She hated having toast for breakfast but she didn't mind eating it at any other time of the day.

"You're a strange person Adelaide." Rebekah noted.

"That she is." Damon agreed.

"Hey, what is this, bully Adelaide day?" Her voice rose as she looked at the two of them, pouting.
"What I was going to add on before I was rudely interrupted," he accused her, "was that we love you for it."

"Awww." She teased him.

"Now hurry up and eat, Bonnie is picking you up for school with Elena and Caroline in fifteen minutes." Damon pointed a finger at her before making his way out of the room.

"I never knew Damon Salvatore could care for someone as much as I can see he cares for you. Then again, I never thought my brother would care for someone." Rebekah commented as she watched Adelaide delve into her pancakes.

"He's my best friend. And with Nik, I have no idea what's going on between us. I mean, everyone keeps telling me he cares for me and I can also see it, but I don't know why. I've asked but he won't tell me. I think your other brother, Elijah, knew as well." She explained to the blonde, drinking the coffee Damon had also made for her.

"I would offer to look into it but if Klaus knows but hasn't told you I assume he will eventually." Rebekah told the younger girl, before making her tone much more enthusiastic.

"Now, if you'll excuse me I need to go to the school early to get my timetable." Adelaide watched the blonde go as she waited until Bonnie arrived with Elena and Caroline to pick her up. 

⧫ 𝐩𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐝 𝟏𝟐 // 𝟎𝟔 // 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟎 ⧫