september

september

"Nurse Kim someone's looking for you." I heard the Head Nurse notifying me from outside the locker rooms.

"OK kab, I'll be out just a sec." I grab my phone from my pocket checking for any Line messages.

Who could that be? No one messaged me beforehand that they'll be meeting me after my shift and it's already past nine in the evening.

A patient maybe? I might have made a mistake unconsciously while I'm doing my rounds earlier . If so, this can't be good. The head nurse will scold me non-stop even if my shift already ended. Even though I already planned to go home and drink all night by myself since tomorrow's a day off.

"Who was it? Where is--" I asked.

"Oh he said he's your former classmate and I told him to wait for you at the lounge." The head nurse pointed at a black haired guy sitting casually near the hospital's entrance and based on his physique I know who he is. "This is the first time I saw him, are you close?"

"Yeah." Not really. "Oh! By the way, please check on Room 308 around 10 pm." I put a post-it on the bulletin board to remind her of my favor.

"Why? Is it one of those nights?"

I nooded clocking out. "Yes... Well Mrs. Spence and Ms. Whine are watching a new series that will broadcast it's first episode tonight and pleaded me to extend their television hours to another hour."

"OK I'll send someone to check on them later." She said before putting down her coffee. "Drive safe, Nurse Mon."

I nodded saying goodbye before walking towards the person waiting for me.

"Hey..." I awkwardly greeted sitting across him.

"Hi Kim, coffee?" He offered me a can of ice coffee and I accepted it.

"Thanks but I guess you're not here just to give me a drink, right?" I opened it and took a sip watching him heaved a heavy sigh, never avoiding eye contact.

"Yes, I need to talk to you about Cop."

"Don't worry Tee, I won't cause anymore trouble to Copter's life. I followed your advice and let him go already. He won't see me ever again."

"I know. But I was wrong..." He averted his eyes, his voice was full of shame.

"No Tee, you're right. It is best for me to stay away from him." I sighed staring at my drink. "When I was not part of his life, Copter found someone who truly loved him. The first time that I saw him for a very long time, I knew he already moved on and I'm greatful that it was Lau who cherished him. Lau made him happy and special. While Copter loved and treated him just the same..."

"...When I found out they were lovers, I finally understand why Lau never properly introduced us to each other. He's afraid I might took Copter away from him and to be honest, I totally would..."

"...I was desperate to find Copter and reconcile with him, ask for his forgiveness even if my life's on the line and Lau's aware of this mindset of mine. If I was in his position, I would also do the same. He loves Copter so much he wanted to protect him and make him forget the pain that I did. I know him that much. We read each other like an open book..."

"...Lau was both Copter and I's savior..." I softly smiled to myself. "Lau was the only one who reached out when I was lost and alone. He was the greatest friend that I got to meet. He's very enthusiastic, hard working, dependable and capable of reaching out when I kept pushing everyone away. He was and still the best, no one can beat his pure kindness..."